In line with the requirements for due process for award of contracts for capital projects, the Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti wish to invite competent/qualified contractors to pre-qualify and tender for: Construction of the Faculty Of Education Building Including Procurement of Furniture Items.
2.0. Pre-Qualification Requirements
Interested contractors are invited to submit the following documents:
3.0. Verification of Claims.
- Evidence of Registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
- Evidence of registration as contractor with Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti.
- Evidence of tax clearance certificate for the last three years (State and Federal).
- Evidence of presence of company in Ekiti State.
- Evidence of pension scheme for company staff.
- Evidence from the companies’ bankers as to the financial capacity/capability to undertake the project.
- Evidence of VAT registration and remittances.
- Evidence of qualified technical and professional staff.
- Evidence of acquisition of specialized equipment (provide receipt, pictures and other evidence of ownership).
- Evidence of execution of four similar jobs in academic or allied environment in the last 5 years. (Provide letter of award of contracts and completion certificate for each of the projects).
- All documents to be arranged in the order above i.e., (i) - (x) arranged sequentially.
Interested contractors must note that Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti reserves the right to verify claims made in the pre-qualification documents submitted by them.
4.0 Pre-Qualification and Tender Fees
Contractors are to pay a non- refundable processing fee of N50,000.00. The fee should be paid in bank draft and addressed to Ekiti State University, AdoEkiti.
5.0. Closing Date
Tuesday 26th March, 2013 by 9.a.m.
6.0 Submission of Document
- The pre-qualification applications with all the required supporting documents should be neatly packaged, bound and forwarded in sealed envelope and marked at the top left corner, ‘Pre-qualification for the Construction of Faculty of Education Building including procurement of furniture item&.
- The completed tender documents collected from Physical Planning Department, Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti, (Room 027 Lawrence Omolayo Building) must be sealed in an envelope marked at the left corner. Tender documents for the Construction of Faculty of Education Building including procurement of furniture items’.
- The companies submitting the pre-qualification and tender document should write the name, mobile phone number of a contact person and the name of the firm at the bottom left corner of the TWO envelopes. This will allow for prompt communication.
The pre-qualification and tender documents must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar, Room 233 Lawrence Omolayo Building.
Please note that
- The pre-qualification and tender documents will be opened on 26th March, 2013 by 10.am in the Senate Chamber of the University. All those who would have submitted their documents by the dead- line are hereby invited to the meeting for opening of the pre-qualification and tender documents.
- Only the tender documents of pre-qualified contractors will be opened.
- The two parcels (pre-qualification and tender) should be addressed to:
Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti,
P.M.B.5363, Ado-Ekiti, Nigeria.
- It is hereby emphasized that current registration with Corporate Affairs Commission Abuja and Ekiti State University. Ado-Ekiti is compulsory and nonnegotiable.
- Contractors are expected to adhere strictly to ALL instructions as non-compliance may constitute a ground for disqualification.
Omojola Awosusi, Ph.D.