Bids are hereby invited from interested and reputable contractors with relevant experience and good track record in respect of the projects contained in the table below:
1.) Title of Projects:
Enhancement of Slaughter House for the Teaching and Research Farm at the Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry, University of Ibadan.
2.) Title of Projects:
Construction of Car Park and Other External Works for the Faculty of Dentistry Auditorium, College of Medicine, University of Ibadan
3.) Title of Projects:
Remodelling of Oduduwa Road, University of Ibadan.
4.) Title of Projects:
Renovation and Upgrading of Reading Rooms and Common Rooms in Students Halls of Residence
5.) Title of Projects:
Conversion of Machine Building to Reading Rooms for Department of Botany, Microbiology and Zoology
6.) Title of Projects:
External Works for the Micro-Finance Bank, University of Ibadan.
7.) Title of Projects:
Dredging of Awba Dam
8.) Title of Projects:
Construction of the Gate House, Zoological Garden
9.) Title of Projects:
Supply and Installation of 1 5MVA Transformer at 33KV substation
2.) Bidding Criteria
ii. Submission of:
3.) Collection of Bidding Forms
- Evidence of Registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
- Evidence of Incorporation and Current Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years
- Evidence of Registration of Staff with Pension Commission of Nigeria,
- Provision of Current three years audited account
- Company profile and organizational structure, including names and resume of key personnel with address and phone numbers
- Verifiable list of previous/similar major works carried out in the recent past with their locations and clients. (Copies of Completion Certificates/Final Payment Certificate should be attached)
- List of Equipment to be used for the project and their location (State whether the equipment are leased, hired or owned)
- Letter of support from a reputable Bank
- Submission of a bona-fide commercial bid
- In addition, for item7, submission of a bid security (2% of contract sum) from a reputable bank is mandatory.
Bidding documents are to be collected as from Thursday, 14 February, 2013 in the Office of the Director of Works and Maintenance, upon payment of respective non-refundable fees as contained in the table above to the Cash Office, University of Ibadan, Ibadan.
4.) Submission of Documents
Duly completed bids should be neatly packaged for the review Of the University. It should be hand-delivered to the:
Bursar and Secretary
Procurement Planning Committee
University of Ibadan,
The Title of the Project should be written at the top of lft-hand corner of the covering envelope and should not bear the name of the tendering contractor.
5.) Closing Date
Submission of tenders for items 1-6 closes on Thursday, 28 March, 2013 by 12 noon, while those for item 7 closes on 27 March 2013 by 12 noon. Any tender received after this stated date and time will not be considered.
Duly submitted tenders for items 1-6 will be opened on Thursday, 28 March 2013 by 1.00pmin the Senate Chamber and those for item 7 will be opened on 27 March 2013, same time, same venue.
Please note that:
- University of Ibadan is neither committed nor obliged to short-list any Contractor or to award the contract to any Contractor or Agent.
- The University reserves the right to reject any and/or all bidding packages
- The University will only recognize and correspond with only authorized officers of the tendering companies and not through individuals or agents acting on their behalf.
- The advertisement for invitation shall neither be constructed as a commitment on the part of the University nor shall it entitle any Contractor to make any claims whatsoever and/or seek any indemnity from the University of Ibadan.
I. O. Aponmade
Secretary, Procurement Panning Committee