In line with National Hajj Commission of Nigeria Excess Luggage Policy, all luggage in excess of the maximum allowed limit are to be airlifted through a separate arrangement with Cargo operators, as the designated Hajj carriers are not allowed to carry such excess luggage. Therefore, the Commission hereby invites applications from interested companies for the freight of Nigerian pilgrims’ excess luggage for 2013 Hajj from Saudi Arabia to designated Hajj airports in Nigeria
Mode of Application
2. Prospective applicants shall indicate their interest by
- Submitting a written indication of interest addressed to
National Hajj Commission of Nigeria,
No 1 First Avenue, Off Ahmadu Bello Way,
- Pay a non-refundable application fee of N500,000.00 (five hundred thousand Naira) in certified bank draft payable to the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria.
- Collect an application form from the Secretary to the Commission at the Commission headquarters on the above mentioned address.
- Complete and submit the application form along with copies of all relevant documents on or before the deadline indicated on the application form.
- Appear for screening on a date to be communicated after the receipt of the application.
Condition of Application
Every applicant must produce
- Scanned copies of certificate of incorporation in Nigeria with CAC and Memorandum and Articles of Association or their equivalents in case of foreign companies.
- Certified true copy of CAC forms C02 and C07.
- Valid Air Transport Licence (ATL) or Airline Operating Permit (AOP)/Air Operator Certificate (AOC) or its equivalent in case of foreign companies.
- Tax clearance certificates for the last three (3) years.
- Three years audited account of the company
- Evidence of ownership of cargo aircraft or standard and verifiable lease agreement.
- Evidence of appropriate authorization/permit by Saudi Arabian Authorities to weigh and freight pilgrims’ luggage (cargo) or valid agreement with a bonafide Saudi Arabian licensed cargo/baggage operator(s) with valid operating authorization/permit.
- Evidence of cargo flights arrangements in Saudi Arabia and Nigeria.
3.) Once an airline/operator is pre-qualified (upon satisfactory fulfillment of the above conditions) the following post-selection terms must equally be fulfilled before the cargo airlift contract Agreement ‘is executed with NAHCON:
- Deposit of N20 million Bank Guarantee with NAHCON which will be refunded after satisfactory conduct of the operation.
- Payment of licensing fee (Certificate) of N500,000.00 to the Commission
13th March, 2013
Submission of the Application Form
Duly completed Application Form must be submitted to the Secretary, National Hajj Commission of Nigeria, Sokoto House1 No.1 First Avenue, Off Ahmadu Bello Way Central Business District, Abuja. Applications should reach the Commission
5.) Please be informed that the application is not intended to create any form of contractual relationship or obligation on the part of NAHCON.
6.) Consequently, NAHCON shall not be liable to any Applicant for any expense or loss incurred in connection with this application. NAHCON will contact the Pre-qualified Applicants for interview, while formal agreement will be executed with successful Applicants.