The Presidency, Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP)- Economic Reform and Governance Project, ERGP
Invitation for Bids for the Procurement and Deployment of Necessary Equipment to Support ICT-Enabled Teaching and Learning Platforms at the Federal University of Technology Procurement Research Centre, Owerri, Imo State
Credit Number: IDA 4011
IFB Title: ICT-enabled Teaching and Learning Platform
IFB Number: BPP/2012/PROC/ICT/001
1. The Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) has received a credit from the International Development Assodation toward the cost of Economic Reform and Governance Project (ERGP), and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit for payments under the agreement resulting from this Invitation For Bid (IFB): ICT-enabled Teaching and learning Platform/ BPP/2012/PROC/ICT/001 for the Federal University of Technology Procurement Research Centre, Owerri, Imo State,
2. The Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP)serves as the implementing agency for the project and now invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders for the:
- Supply and installation of Computers (Desktop and Supply Laptops), Interactive White Boards and accessories
- Supply and installation of an Inverter Power Back Up
3. Bidding will be conducted using the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits, edition of January, 2011 and is open to all Bidders eligible as defined in these Guidelines, that meet the following minimum qualification criteria:-
a) Evidence of company registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CA C) with inclusion of the Company’s Certificate of Incorporation and Memorandum of Association;
b) Manufacturers’ Authorization Letter as evidence of access to Warranty, After-sales and Technical Support for the products;
c) Evidence of availability of the products and ability to deliver and install the products at short notice;
d) Company Profile including Curriculum Vitae of qualified Staff to be deployed for the job and with relevant experiences (technical and managerial). Please enclose copies of relevant academic and professional certificates of all technical staff;
e) List of similar project(s) handled in the last five (5) years with inclusion of photocopies of Award Letters and Completion Certificates using the following format:
- Contract name: (insert full name)
- Brief Description of the Works performed
- Scope of work: [describe scope of works performed briefly]
- Amount of contract: [Insert amountin Naira]
- Name of Employer: [indicate fuilname]
- Name of Employer Contact person: (indicate full name]
- Telephone Number of Employer Contact person: [indicate number]
f) Evidence of financial capability and access to financial resources from a reputable bank;
g) Company’s Report of Audited Accounts for the immediate past three (3) years duly certified by qualified Audit Firm(s);
h) Company’s VAT Registration Certificate with evidence of remittance; and
i) Evidence of current Tax Clearance Certificate (for the last three years) corresponding with declared Annual Turnovers by inclusion of photocopy;
j) Evidence of registration with relevant regulatory and professional bodies;
k) Evidence of Compliance with Pensions Reform Act, 2004 by inclusion of Compliance Letter from the National Pension Commission: and
I) Evidence of compliance with the Industrial Training Fund Amendment Act, 2011 by inclusion of Compliance Letter from the Industrial Training Fund.
4. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from BPP and inspect the bidding documents at the address given below from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Nigeria time.
5. A complete set of bidding documents in Engllsh Language may be purchased by interested Bidders on submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of N20,000.00. The method of payment will be Bank Draft (Banker’s Cheque) and payable to BMPIU- Economic Reform and Governance Project, ERGP.
6. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 12:00 noon, Wednesday, October 3rd, 2012 Nigeria time.
Attention: ERGP Project Officer
Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP)
11, Suleiman Barau Crescent, Aso-Villa, Asokoro, Abuja
Bids need to be secured by a Bid Security. The amount of Bid Security required should not be less than 0.5% of bidder’s bid price. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of Bidders, or their representatives, who choose to attend at the address below at 12:00 noon, Wednesday, October 3rd, 2012 Nigeria time,
7. The attention of prospective Bidder is drawn to (i) the fact that they will be required to certify in their bids that all software is either covered by a valid license or was produced by the Bidder, and (ii) that violations are considered fraud, which can result in ineligibility to be awarded World Bank- financed contracts.
For any further enquiry, please call 09-6252380, 6252377, or