The Nigerian Agip Oil Company Limited (NAOC) intends to put in place an open contract for her power generation in Port Harcourt base.
NAOC therefore uses this medium to inform suitable and reputable companies having requisite experience and resources for the execution of projects of this magnitude, with suitable equipment, premises and qualified employees, to apply for prequalification for the scope of service defined below
A.) EPC 6” X 10km Pipe Line Installation
Scope of Work
The Scope of Work of this Contract shall include but not limited to:
B.) EPC Inplant Works
- Assessment of the area (joint inspection /assessment with authorities, company and communities),
- Communities settlement (MoU)
- RoW Verification
- Mobilization of materials and equipment
- Bush clearing.
- Stringing of pipes
- NDT and Wrapping of welded joints.
- Laying of welded pipes and its return line
- Hydro testing of laid pipe line.
- Hot tapping and tie-in
- Installation of valve manifold.
- Back filling
- Installation of Fibre Optics Cable in pipe line trench.
- Design and installation of Cathodic Protection system
- Scrapper Trap Construction.
- Painting of above ground facilities
Scope of WorkThe
Scope of Work of this Contract shall include but not limited to:
- Detailed site survey/Geotechnical
- Detailed design and engineering to cover; Mechanical, Electrical Civil/Structural, Instrumentation, process, and piping
- Long Lead Item Procurement,
- Procurement of all materials necessary to complete the installation works and ancilliaries
- Construction works which shall include but no limited to the provision of all plants, equipment, materials, tools labour, required supervision to erect, test, pre-commission and start up of the installed long lead item
- Provision of all project facilities as will be detailed in the company requirement.
- NDT and Hydrotesting of all welded joint
- All other works necessary to actualize to completeness of the project as stated in the full tender package
- Pre-commissioning, commissioning and start up
- Security and Report.
NAOC strategy is to award separate contract for each of the scopes - Part A and Part B.
To qualify for consideration, the Applicant must be capable to execute either/both of the two scopes, part (A) and (B), and further required to supply two (2) electronic copies in CD-ROM and two (2) hardcopy sets of the following documentation with specific chapters separated by dividers in the order prescribed below. Note: Only those applicants qualified from this pre-qualification exercise shall be invited to competitively tender for the specified services. Failure to submit any of the under listed documents may result in disqualification of the applicant.
2. Nigerian Content
- Cover letter summarizing the contents of prequalification documents
- Details of Applicant’s HSE policy and programme complete with HSE management system and specifically site risk management programme (Applicant must clearly state methods for eliminating/controlling risks with its own scope of services and at interfaces with others)
- Safety dashboard for accidents, injuries (LTI/RWC/MTC/FAC), damages and near misses for the past 3 years
- Full details of Applicants company profile
- Certificate of incorporation plus CAC Form 007 showing shareholding distribution
- Certificate of registration with DPR relevant to scope of work and evidence of renewal from 2010 to date
- Applicant’s financial details, audited accounts and tax clearance for the last three (3) years 2009, 2010 & 20111
- Organizational structure, available manpower with a list of key professional staff with their resume.
- Contact details (name, email and phone number) of key Applicants personnel
- Power of attorney for officers assigned to interact with Company on the bid proposal
- Community relations policy and programmes; and proposal on managing community related issues foreseen for the specified service. Records of community related issues successfully handled in the past.
- Evidence of past experience (in at least five projects/operational areas) for similar services carried out.
- Name, present location and availability of owned Equipment
- for verification purposes.
Bidders are invited to express complete understanding, willingness and commitment to comply with the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development (NOGICD) Act, 2010 and Cabotage Act. Consequently, bidders’ submissions shall be evaluated strictly with the minimum evaluation criteria defined in the NOGICD and the Cabotage Act.
The documentation for evaluation shall be include but not be limited to the following:
- Demonstration that entity is a Nigerian registered company as defined in the NOGICD Act 2010. By providing details of Company ownnership and shareholding structure with clear certified true copies of CAC forms CO2 and CO7;
- Where capacity is inadequate, genuine alliances with multinational companies for the purpose of technology transfer will be accepted; the alliance or Joint venture will demonstrate with binding Memorandum of Agreement (MOA)signed by chief executives of the entities with evidence of clear work-share ratio among the parties and time frame for growth or transfer to be achieved;
- Nigerian Content Plan that demonstrates the full utilization of Nigerian labour, services, materials and equipment for the services with detailed description of role, workscope and manhours in order to achieve the minimum target as set out in the requirements of the NOGICD Act, 2010. Where in-country capacity is inadequate, propose innovations to bridge the gap;
- Current and in-place organization structure with detailed experience and skills of key management personnel with names. Provide evidence (personnel list and positions with organization chart to substantiate) of percentage of management that are Nigerian nationals and the percentage of the total workforce that are Nigerians;
- Evidence that engineering activities shall be performed in Nigeria with a clear demonstration of local office address (not P.O. Box) with verifiable evidence of staffing levels; this will be supported by full description of Nigeria office to domicile engineering;
- Detail past experience/present commitment to staff training and development of Nigerian personnel. Furnish detailed training plan for the service,
- Bidder’s sourcing strategy/plan for this scope of service; and evidence of source of products, materials etc. with details of the applicants relationship with local suppliers and service providers (e.g. in the management of logistics, personnel etc.);
- Evidence of the address and location in Nigeria where procurement activities will be coordinated;
- Detailed description of the location of in-country committed facilities & infrastructure (assets, equipment, storage, workshop, maintenance centre, laboratory, etc) in Nigeria to support this contract or submit a credible and verifiable plan towards setting-up;
- Nigerian Content Equipment Certificate (NCEC) or evidence of application to NCDMB for the issuance of the Nigerian Content Equipment Certificate;
- Evidence that 50% of the equipment deployed is owned by the Nigerian subsidiary if applying entity is a multinational (Clause 41(2) of the NOGICD Act). If not the case provision of concrete plan to comply in the next 3 years.
- Describe specific programmes in place to transfer technology and skills to Nigerians businesses.
: Failure to meet the Nigerian Content requirements is a FATAL FLAW
Monday, March 4th 2013
The pre-qualification documents [two (2) hard copies plus two (2) CD-ROM copies] for each project shall be submitted in one (1) sealed envelope, clearly marked “NAOC Port Harcourt Base Power Generation Project”
The above documents should be addressed and hand delivered to the Strategic Procurement Division Manager
at Company’s address given below.
The Strategic Procurement Division Manager
Nigerian Agip Oil Company Ltd.
No. 40142, Aguiyi Ironsi Street
Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria
- Intended bidders must indicate their company’s name on the sealed envelope.
- Bidders’ submissions must be arranged in the same sequence as detailed above.
- On no account should the documents be submitted in any other NAOC location other than the address given above.
- Notwithstanding the submission of the pre-qualification information, NAOC is neither committed nor obliged to include your company on any bid list or to award any form of contract to your company and/or associated companies, subcontractors or agents.
- Only short-listed companies having related past experience shall be invited for tendering.
- NAOC will deal only with authorized officers of the tendering companies and NOT through individuals or Agents.
- This advertisement of Tender Opportunity shall not be construed as a commitment on part of NAOC, nor shall it entitle Applicants to make any claims whatsoever and/or seek any indemnity from NAOC and/or any of its Partners by virtue of such Applicants having responded to this Advert.
- NAOC will not enter into correspondence with any company or individual on why a company was short listed or not short-listed.
- This advertisement of invitation for Pre-qualification” shall not be construed as a commitment on part of NAOC, nor shall it entitle Bidders to make any claims whatsoever and/or seek any indemnity from NAOC and/or any of its partners by virtue of such bidders having responded to this advertisement.