The Central Bank of Nigeria situated at Plot 33, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Way, Central Business District, Cadestral Zone, Abuja, Nigeria (Tel: +234946239701-02; website: www.cbn.gov.ng
), hereby invites reputable Courier Service Providers, with proven experience in handling corporate courier services and registered to do business in Nigeria to apply to prequalify and provision of courier services in the Central Bank of Nigeria.
Request for Proposals for the Provision of Courier Services for the Banks
The scope of the service which shall be for a three (3) year period include but not limited to:
a) Maintenance of two (2) mail rooms and mail distribution services at the administrative offices in Abuja and Lagos.
b) Mail handling services at all Central Bank of Nigeria Branches, Currency Centers and Learning Centre, Lagos.
Interested firms are required to submit Technical and Financial proposals prepared in English Language with the following requirements which shall be used as criteria for prequalification.
Mandatory (without which the firm will be disqualified)
(i) Evidence of registration with Corporate Affairs Commission.
(ii) Certified true copy of Memorandum and Article of Association.
(iii) Evidence of payment of tax for the last three (3) years as at when due, (such evidence should reflect the value of the Verifiable evidence of similar projects undertaken by the firm in the last three (3) years).
(v) Evidence of Employees’ Retirement SavingsAccount(RSA) with Pension Fund Administrator
(v Evidence of remitting employer and employees’ pension contribution to appropriate Pension Fund Custodian.
(vi) Evidence of Transferring all Pension Funds and Assets prior to the commencement of the Pension Reform Act to Licensed Pension Operators.
(vii) Evidence of Compliance with the lndustrial Training Fund (Amendment) Act 2011 ,requiring firms to fulfill their statutory obligations to pay training contributions in respect of their employees.
(viii) Evidence of Local / Intemational registration/certiflcation with Courier Services Associations/lnstitute
(ix) A sworn affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Bank or BPP is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and confirming that all infomation presented in its bid are true and correct.
A tender document will be obtained upon payment of a non -refundable fee of N50,000.O0 (Fifty thousand Naira only) from:
The Secretary, Major Contracts Tenders Committee
2nd Floor, Wing C, CBN Head Office Complex
Central Business District,
Abuja, FCT Nigeria.
Interested companies are required to provide a two percent (2%) bid security of their financial bid, in the form of Bank Guarantee in favour of the Central Bank of Nigeria.
The Respondents shall include general information detailing:
- Corporate profile of the firm including Curriculum Vitae of key personnel supported by professional licenses (where applicable), registered address, functional contact address, GSM phone number(s), facsimile number(s).
- Company general organizational structure
- Audited accounts in the last three (3) years duly stamped by Licensed Auditors.
- Details of relevant verifiable experience of similar services and of similar characteristics that the company had undertaken in the last five (5) years, including copies of relevant award letters and confirmation of satisfactory service delivery.
- References of satisfactory performance on similar projects from three (3) previous dients.
- Description and specification of equipment currently owned by the company with the proof of ownership
- Methods of tracking goods in transit,
Interested suppliers are to submit both technical bid, as stipulated under pre-qualification requirements and financial bid using the tender documents collected. The submission should be forwarded in two (2) separate wax-sealed envelopes, boldly marked at the top left corner:
"Pre-qualification for Courier Services in the Central Bank of Nigeria"
"Financial bid for the provision of courier services to the central Bank of Nigeria"
Major Contracts Tenders Committee
2nd FIoor, Wing C, CBN Head Office Complex,
Central Business District,
Abuja, FCT Nigeria.
All submissions must be received at the above Office not later than 14th October, 2012.
Bid Opening Date:
Date: 17th October, 2012
Time: 2.00pm (local time)
Location: Office of the Secretary, Major Contracts Tenders Committee, Procurement and Support Services Department, Central Bank of Nigeria
- Only shortlisted firms will be contacted
- Nothing in the advert shall be construed to be a commitment on the part of CBN
- Companies would be assessed solelyon their submission.