The attention of the general public is hereby drawn to our earlier advertisement in the Federal Tenders Journal of Monday May 14-Sunday May 27 2012 and other National dailies namely; Nigerian Tribune (17 May, 2012), The Champion Newspaper (17 May, 2012) and the FIRS website Inviting prospective auditing firm for expression of interest (EOI) for engagement as a statutory audit firm for FIRS.
The Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) is re-advertising for expression of interest (EOI) for engagement of an audit firm to audit its annual Financial Statements. The purpose of the audit is to express an independent professional opinion as to whe4ther proper accounts and other records relating to those accounts have been kept by FIRS in respect of its activities, funds and properties; and also provide an opinion on whether the annual financial statements have been prepared in accordance with the relevant statements of accounting standards issued by the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria. The appointed External Auditors shall serve for a period of 3 years renewable once subject to satisfactory performance as evaluated by the FIRS
2.) Eligibility Requirements
Interested Audit firm shall at least: -
3.) Submission of Lot Documents:
- Be a duly licensed Accounting firm with one of the professional accounting bodies and has been in existence for at least 10 years;
- Show evidence of Registration with the office of the Auditor General of the Federation;
- Show evidence of all of the Partners’ current Tax Clearance Certificate showing a tax history for the last 3 years;
- Show evidence of Certificate of Registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission;
- Show proof of experience in auditing of public sector financial statements prepared on the basis of accrual accounting concept as guided by public sector financial management regulations, fiscal responsibility and public procurement acts;
- Provide profile of the firm, its partners and key professional staff who must be IFRS certified and curriculum vitae of particular staff that will work on this engagement;
- Show evidence of having branch offices in major cities from which the key offices of FIRS in Nigeria can be effectively covered, and set out the methodology with which they would conduct the audit of FIRS;
- State the staff strength of the firm; and
- Where applicable, evidence of PAYE deduction and remittance to the relevant Tax Authority
- Evidence of compliance with section 6(1)-(3) of the Industrial Training Fund Amendment Act 2011 as they relate to training contributions by liable organization
Prospective firms are required to submit their EOI documents (hand delivery, not by courier) 1 original and 2 copies of sealed envelopes (with both envelops bearing the vendor’s name and address) in a sealed package addressed as shown below with the envelope clearly marked “STATUTORY AUDIT FIRM FOR FIRS”.
EOI documents are to be submitted (hand delivered, not by courier) to:
The Director, Procurement Department,
Federal Inland Revenue Service, Revenue House (Room 126),
15 Sokode Crescent, Off Michael Okpara Street, Wuse Zone 5, Abuja
The Closing Date for submission of EOI documents shall be 12.00noon on Tuesday, 9th April, 2013.
Any document submitted after this deadline shall be rejected. Documents received will be publicly opened by 1:00pm prompt on Tuesday, 9th April, 2013
at the address above in the presence of the company representatives who wish t: witness the opening.
4.) All firms that had responded to the earlier advert are equally advised to respond to this current advert
5.) For all enquiries, please call. 08074983355 or e-mail: email@example.com
FIRS Tenders Board:
For: Ag. Chairman, FIRS
27th February, 2013