Enugu State Agency for the Control of AIDS (ENSACA is a beneficiary of World Bank Credit support against HIVIAIDs. The second phase of the World Bank supported programme, the HPDP2 will continue for the next 3-4years.
The HPDP2 priority areas of focus are based on the State’s strategic plan of 2010-2015, which seeks to deliver a HIV free society in Enugu state by reducing the rate of new infections to zero; improving the quality of life of those infected and affected by HIV/AIDS, and mitigating the socio economic impact of the disease.
Enugu State Agency for the Control of AIDS (ENSACA), mandated to coordinate the multi-sector HIV/A105 state response is putting out this call for expression of Interest (EOI) from qualified and competent Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) including Non Government Organizations (NGOs), Faith Based Organizations (FBOs), Private Sector Organizations (PSOs) and Umbrella Organizations that will enable the rolling out and success of this programme. The focus is on prevention of new HIV infections and the provision of care and support to people living with and affected by HIV/AIDS, These Organizations are expected to work with any or all but not limited to, specified target populations within the specified geographic coverage area to deliver, evidence based HIV intervention packages in line with national and international standards and best practices, However, given the current paucity of local intelligence, it is possible that target populations and geographic coverage areas may change as new HIV/AIDS data emerges in the State.
A. Prevention of New HIV Infections
Most At Risk Populations (MARPs)
- Target Population: Fema1eSe Workers:
- Geographic Coverage: 8 LGAs namely (Udi, Udenu, Nsukka, Enugu East, Enugu North, Enugu South, Oji River and Nkanu West).
- Intervention Package:- Peer outreach & Education on HIV transmission and prevention, condom marketing, Lubricants promotion & Distribution, HIV Counseling &Testing, Referral & follow-up, STI treatment services.
- Target Population: Injecting Drug Users (IDUs) - NGOs/CBOs wishing to provide these services must provide documented evidence on the location and number of IDUs in the selected IGAs.
- Geographic Coverage: 3 LGAs namely; (Enugu North, Enugu South and Enugu East).
- Intervention Package: IPC on HIV education transmission and prevention, Promote adoption of risk reduction behaviours and healthy lifestyle, 8CC programmes to promote the adoption, of healthy sexual behaviours, Condom promotion and distribution, IICT Services, HCT and referral and fallow —up STIs treatment services, Syringe exchange services.
B. Other Vulnerable Group
- Target population: Men who have sex with Men (MSM) CSO5 wishing to provide these services must provide documented evidence on the location and number of MSM in the selected LGAs.
- Geographic Coverage: 5 LGAs namely; (Enugu North, Enugu East, Udenu, Udi, Nkanu West).
- intervention Package: IPC on HIV education transmission and prevention, Promote adoption of risk-reduction behaviours and healthy lifestyle, 8CC programmes to promote the adoption of healthy sexual behaviours, Condom promotion and distribution, HCT Services, Referral and follow – up STIs treatment services
C.) Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission
- Target Population: Clients of sex workers at hot spots with high night activities (Raad Transport workers /LDDs)
- Geographic Coverage: Enugu North, Udi. Udenu, Nkanu West, Enugu East, Enugu South & Oji River.
- Intervention Package: (Peer education outreach on HIV transmission & prevention, Promote SBC/BCC programs for adoption of risk-reduction sexual behaviour for safer sex and healthy lifestyle, condom promotion and distribution using non- facility based channels, HCT & treatment referral and follow-up, STI treatment services.
2.) Care and Suppor
- Target Population: Sexually active group (women and men of reproductive age (18-49 years) with documented evidence of law-level of knowledge on risk perception, uptake of HCT and PMTCT services.
- Geographic Coverage: remote, difficult to access rural communities, with minimal services in Uzo Uwani, Udenu, Nsukka, Enugu east, Enugu South, Oji River Nkanu west, Nkanu East & Enugu South
- Intervention Package: Community outreach initiative on HIV transmission & prevention,- Promote adoption of risk-reduction sexual behaviour & and healthy lifestyle using community drama and discussion, Condom social marketing, promotion and distribution, HIV counseling and Testing, referral and follow-up STIs treatment services, Advocate for and support PMTCT site establishment where not available and uptake of PMTCT services where available.
t - (CSOs wishing to provide these services must provide documented evidence on the location and number of Women Living with HIV/AIDS/OVC in the selected LGAs,)
- Target Population: Women living with HIV/AIDS
- Geographic Population: Uzo Uwani, Udenu, Nsukka, Enugu East, Enugu South, Oji Rives Nkanu West, Nkonu East
- intervention Package: Peer education outreach on treatment literacy among women Living with HI Capacity building of HIV positive women on positive living and Home based care, Build capacity of the members on IGR, Advocate for and promote the implementation of Anti- Discrimination, stigma and protection law in the state, Condom and Lubricants promotion and distribution using a non- facility based channel close to them, support PMTCT service uptake.
- Target Population: children orphaned by AIDS (OVC)
- Geographic Coverage: Udi, Oji River, Ezeagu, Nkanu West, Nsukka, Uzo Uwani, Isiuzc’, Aninri, &wgu East
- Intervention Package: Mobilization of communities for OVC profiling & strengthen community - based responses, Strengthen the capacity of families to protect and care for orphans and vulnerable children, Ensure access to essential services and support for orphans and vulnerable children (Health, Education, Food/Nutrition etc)
Enugu State Agency for the Control of AIDS (ENSACA) invites eligible organizations to express their interest in providing interventions in any of the above priority areas. Interested organizations must provide information indicating that they are qualified to render the services which include evidence of registration with Corporate Affairs Commission or with the appropriate authorities in the State and Local Government Authorities for at least 3 years. Organizational profile containing areas of core competences, evidence of sound financial management, availability of appropriately qualified and skilled staff etc. The organization should have a corporate account of not less than six months existence and with at least two signatories. The organisation must have a traceable address including signboard permanently fixed in front of the facility. The organisation must have evidence of similar activities over the past 2 years in the State and ready to work in at least 3 LGAs in the state. The office must not be less than a 2-room office space and proof of tenancy for at least one year. The organisation must be prepared to work in any of the three (3) senatorial zones in Enugu State.
The project is expected to run for 24 calendar months with 6 monthly progress review meetings with ENSACA on general project performance, to provide feedback to implementing organizations on their performance and to agree next steps and timeline.
General Terms and Conditions:
The selection of CSOs and PSOs will be guided by the World Bank’s Guideline: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2013 edition), Expression of Interest must be submitted in 2 hard copies and delivered to Enugu State Agency for the Control of AIDS (ENSACA) not later than 21 days from the date of advert. Only organizations shortlisted for the next stage would be contacted for a detailed proposal based on the Request for proposal (RFP) that will be issued to them.
Expression of interest through email or Fox will not be accepted.
The expression of interest should be delivered not later than 4pm on the 28/March / 2013
at the ENSACA office addressed as below:
Interested applicants may obtain further information at the address below from 8.00am to 4pm Monday- Friday
(Except public holidays).
The Executive Secretary,
Enugu State Agency for the Control of AIDS,
HIV/AIDS Programme Development Project 2.
3/41 Kingsway Road, G.R.A Enugu,
Application should not be submitted to any other address except to the address provided above.