In furtherance to the Federal Government of Nigeria’s (FGN) efforts to Revitalise and Modernise the Nigeria Railway System, the FGN aims to achieve part of this goal through active collaboration between Public and Private Sector Organizations. To this end, the Railway Property Management Company Limited (RPMCL) on behalf of the NRC wishes to invite competent and reputable Transaction Advisors to bid for the role of a Transaction Advisor to the NRC for the above mentioned Transaction.
2.) Scope of Service
The transaction advisor is expected to undertake the following tasks:
- To review and advice on Transaction documentation such as MOUs, draft Contract Agreements, Business Plans, Locomotive Requirement Projections, and Training Proposals.
- Advice, document and facilitate the execution of the Project Delivery Plan.
- Review and advice on cost and price model for the transaction.
- Advice the NRC on both local and international law compliance issues with respect to the transaction.
- Assist the NRC in developing a Risk Assessment Plan, Financial Model and Business Case for the transaction.
- Advice and assist the NRC in determining the appropriate proportion of local content required.
- Provide the requisite Technical and Financial expertise required to assist NRC in negotiating the transaction.
- Critically review the Facilities and Locomotive Delivery Plan and its underlying assumptions.
- Assist the NRC in developing a sustainable funding plan for the procurement of the required Locomotives.
Some of the expected deliverables for this work are:
4.) Bidding Criteria
- Project Delivery Plan with clear identifiable milestones
- Business Case for the transaction
- Financial Model for the transaction
- Risk Assessment Plan for the transaction
- Relevant reports on the aforementioned Scope of Services in Section 2.8
- Recommended training requirements for Nigerian staff
- Local Content Strategy
- Recommended Funding Plan
Interest reputable bidders are required to submit Technical and Financial Bids in strict compliance with the under-listed Documents. Failure to provide any of the under-liste documents may be grounds for disqualification
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Certificate of Value Added Tax
- Tax Clearance for the past Three years
- Verifiable evidence of compliance with Industrial Training Fund Act 2011 (If applicable)
- Verifiable evidence of compliance with Pensions Reforms Act 2004 (If applicable)
- Company profile including CVs and evidence of professional qualifications of key staff to be deployed on the project
- Verifiable experience of supporting PPP Transactions in the Transport Industry.
The Corporation intends to adopt “Time Based Consultancy Agreement” for this assignment. Your financial submission should include the following:
- Company Audited Accounts for the past three (3) years
- Quoted fees including Professional fees, Re-imbursables (where applicable) and any other cost element
- The Professional fees should include a break-down of the man hours required for each category of consultant staff required to achieve EACH of the scope of services outlined in Section 2.0 above arid their respective rates.
Your financial bid must be in Nigeria Currency (Naira).
Your bid shall be evaluated based on your Technical and Financial submissions as follows:
Technical 60%, Financial 40%.
5.) Condition for Bidding
Each bidder is required to pay a Non Refundable Bidding fee of N50,000.00 (Fifty Thousand Naira only), into Guarantee Trust Bank (Railway Property Management Company Limited),
Account Number: 0020977866. The bank teller/receipt must be submitted along with the bid documents as evidence of payment.
6.) Submission and Opening of Bids
Technical and Financial bids must be submitted in two separate sealed envelops clearly marked “Technical Bid” or “Financial Bid”, as applicable. Three (3) copies of each bid (One Original Two Photocopies) shall be delivered by hand or by registered mail to the address below on or before 12.00 Noon Tuesday, 9th April, 2013.
The Managing Director
Railway Property Management Company Limited,
No 7 Race Course Road, Kaduna
Bid will be opened at 1.00 p.m. on the same day in the presence of bidders or their representatives who wish to witness the opening.
All inquiries should be directed to the address above