1.) This invitation for bids follows the general procurement notice for this project that appeared in the Development Business, issue no. 673 dated 28th February 2006.
2.) The Lagos State Government has received a credit facility from the International Development Association (IDA) through the Federal Government of Nigeria toward the cost of the Second National Urban Water Sector Reform Project (2NUWSRP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds of the credit for eligible payments under the contract mentioned above.
3.) Lagos Water Corporation (ISWC) now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for Rehabilitation/ Replacement of ND24 Inches Steel Pipeline under Eko Bridge including 1200mm Diameter Trunk Main along Gbagada-Ogudu Express Road. The Rehabilitation period for the contract shall be 6 months.
4.) The works in these Tender Documents will be executed under the contract LSWC/2NUWSRP/NCB/WKS/090 Rehabilitation of ND24 Inches Steel Pipeline Under eko bridge including 1200MM DIA Trunk Main Along Gbagadaogudu Express Road
and will include:
- Rehabilitation/Replacement of 24” diameter Carbon Steel Pipeline under Eko Bridge between Costain and Apogbon with diameter 600mm Ductile Iron Spigot and Socket Pipes;
- Rehabilitation of 1200mm diameter Trunk Main along Gbagada-Ogudu Expressway.
5.) Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits, Small Works (April 2008 edition, revised November 2010), and is open to all bidders from eligible source countries as defined in the guidelines.
Only eligible Bidders with the following key qualifications should participate in the bidding:
- Bidders should possess experience in construction in the role of contractor or sub contractor or management contractor for at least the last five (5) years.
- Bidders should have participated as contractor or management contractor or sub contractor in at least two (2) contracts within the last five years, each with a value equal to the proposed, that have been successfully and substantially completed and that are similar in nature and complexity to the proposed Works.
- Bidders should have verifiable experience in the Rehabilitation and Installation of Network Distribution System similar in nature and complexity to the Proposed Piping Works.
- Bidders should have minimum verifiable average annual construction turnover of US$5Million or 1.SBillion Naira in the last five (5) years.
- Bidders should have qualified key personnel and relevant technicians.
- Bidders should demonstrate that they have the required key equipment which must be verifiable.
- Bidders should have a positive net worth.
- Bidders’ pending litigation, if any, should not represent more than 15% of their net worth.
- Bidders must have adequate financial resources to meet the cash flow requirements of US$2Million or 300 Million Naira and the overall cash flow requirements for the contract.
Detailed qualifying requirements are stipulated in Section ID: Evaluation and Qualification Criteria of the Bidding Document
6.) Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from the office of Lagos Water Corporation at the following address from 09:00 to 15:00 hours.
Group Managing Director
Attention: Project Coordinator
Lagos Water Corporation
Project Implementation Unit
Floor, Room 549
Ijora, Lagos, Nigeria
Tel.: +234-014741973, +234-807-7763774.
7.) The Bidding Document, in the English language, may be purchased by interested Bidders upon submission of a written application to the address above and upon payment of a non refundable fee of 50,000.00 Naira (Fifty Thousand Naira). The method of payment will be by Bank Draft made out in favour of Lagos Water Corporation at the address below. All payments shall be receipted. The document will be given to the person authorized by a power of attorney.
8.) Closing Date/Submission
Bids must be delivered to the address above at or before 12.00noon, 18th April 2013
. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security in the amount of 15,000,000.00 Naira Late Bids shall be rejected Bids will be opened in the presence of the Bidders representatives who choose to attend at the following address at 12.00 noon, on 18th April2013.
Conference Room, 5th Floor Lagos
Water Corporation Water
Ijora Lagos, Nigeria
9.) Lagos Water Corporation will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by Bidders in connection with the preparation or delivery of Bids.