The Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs Intends to engage competent contractor for the execution of the Completion of Skills Acquisition Centre Project at Edo State.
2.) Scope of Works
The Scope of works includes the following:
A. Building Works
B. Civil Works
- Construction of Administrative Block
- Construction of Conference/Exhibition Hail
- Construction of Lecture Hails
- Construction of Laboratory Complex
- Construction of Cafeteria Building
- Construction of Library/ ICT Building
- Construction of Technical Workshops
- Construction of Staff Residences
- Construction of Students Hostel
- Construction of Clinic
- Construction of Block of Classroom/Offices
- Construction of Road Networks
- Construction of Walkways/Pavement
- Construction of Gate House/Fence
- Construction of Drainages
- Construction of Sport Facilities: Football pitch, Volleyball Court, Basketball Court and Lawn Tennis Court
- Construction of Swimming Pool/Dressing room
- Construction of Indoor Sports Hall
- Provision of Independent: Water Reticulation, Borehole,
- Construction of Generator House
- Construction of Water Treatment Plant.
- Electrification; installation of Electric Transformers, Street Lighting,
- Telecommunication facilities
3.) Location of the Project:
The project is located at Iguelaba in Orhionrnwori Local Government Area of Edo State.
4.) Requirements for Pre-Qualifications:
Interested and Competent Contractor who wish to participate in the exercise are required to submit their Company’s profile which must include but not limited to the following documents:
- Evidence of incorporation of the Company with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
- Evidence of Current Tax Clearance Certificate
- VAT Certificate
- Current Company Audited Account for the past three (3) years with turn-over of NSOOM and above
- Detail Curriculum Vitae and profile of key / Professional Staff
- The contractors will be required to pay a financial bid fee of Two Evidence of previous experience in execution of works worth over One Billion Naira and certificate of completion
- Evidence of Financial capability and Banking support
- Sworn Affidavit that the firm is not bankrupt and that none of the Directors is an ex-convict or bankrupt
- Clear indication of Head Office Address.
The Ministry reserves the right to verify the authenticity of any claims made in the documents to be submitted.
5.) Method of Application
The contract will be executed in strict adherence to all contractual terms in the signed agreement. All contractors who expressed interest will be required to submit their prequalification documents as well as the financial bids for the project in the separate envelopes and the boo are enclosed in a bigger envelope and labeled at the back, the name of the project Hundred Thousand Naira only (N200,000) into the Ministry’s account as indicated below:
Bank Name: Zenith Bank Plc
Account No.: 60113700137
Account Name: MNDA/FGN INDEPENDENT REVENUE
The photocopy of the tender fees receipt should be submitted along in the sealed envelope.
6.) Closing Date/Submission of Documents
The sealed documents should be submitted in the Tender Box located at the Ministry Conference room on the ground floor Phase 1, Federal Secretariat, Shehu Shagari way, Abuja. Submission should be made on or before 12 noon, 20 May, 2013
The bids will be opened on the same day at the Ministry’s conference room located on the ground floor by 100pm in the presence of Bidders or their representatives, Ministry officials and general public.
All enquiries on Technical issues should be directed to;
Director, Infrastructure Development Department,
Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs,
9th Floor, Phase 1, Federal Secretarial Complex,
Shehu Shagari Way, Abuja
Response to this advertisement shall not oblige the Ministry to consider any firm for qualification. All costs incurred as a result of response to this advertisement and any subsequent requests for information shall be borne by the responding Firm.
Furthermore, contractors must be people who will be adjudged capable of working in the Niger Delta region considering the challenges, sensitivities and peculiarities of that area.
Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs