Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS2 T04) Project, which seeks to reduce the burden of malaria in 14 African countries through cost-effective commodities procurement and logistics systems, access to technical expertise, and implementation of Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS) by its field office located in Lafia, Nasarawa State, Nigeria.
Abt Associates is planning to contract a few transportation service providers who will augment our vehicles/drivers and meet our needs for high level visits and other purposes. The rented vehicles/drivers are to ensure effective transportation services for staff on field entomology monitoring activities, conferences and workshop events.
Abt Associates anticipates issuing one fixed price purchase order as a result of this solicitation.
Abt Associates hereby solicits quotes from interested and responsible vendors for TWO (2) Toyota Prado SUVs with driver but without fueling in line with specifications and requirements outlined below.
Toyota Prado SUV, 5 doors, Left hand drive, 4WD/ABS, air-conditioned, strong and neat cabin and chasis with complete accessories.
Interested bidders shall propose a fixed price supported by a detailed cost breakdown for the items outlined in this solicitation. The detailed cost breakdown should be sufficient to allow Abt Associates to properly evaluate the proposed fixed price as fair and reasonable, however invoices will be accepted and payments issued solely upon receipt of firm deliverables to be negotiated between Abt Associates and the winning bidder at the time of contract award.
Payments will not be made based on daily rates, actual time expended, or expenses incurred. Rather, payments will be made at prices proposed in response to this solicitation and upon the winning bidders ability to meet a deliverables schedule mutually agreed by both parties at the time of contract award.
Source Selection Method
The award will be made to the lowest bid determined to be technically acceptable in accordance with the requirements provided in this solicitation. No advanced payments will be provided by Abt Associates.
Scope of Work
Vehicles will be called for 76days over a maximum period of 6 months for the following project activities.
- Transportation support based on request for entomology monitoring.
- Transportation services for visiting officials.
- Airport pickup/drop-off
Conditions of Award
- Evidence of registration with Corporate Affairs Commission.
- Provide detailed profile of the organization including registered address, functional contact email address and GSM.
- Evidence of registration with FIRS and other relevant bodies.
- Verifiable evidence/copy of similar jobs successfully executed in the past.
- Evidence of professionally trained and licensed drivers.
Closing Date/Submission Procedure
- Vehicles will be in our custody when in use and parked in our premises.
- Provide 24 hours’ notice for any planned deployment of vehicle and another 24 hours’ notice for redeployment.
- Vehicle log book should be provided by vendor and will be handed over to Abt Administration Unit on redeployment of vehicle.
- Immediate replacement of vehicle in case of any breakdown.
- Drivers should possess Basic English skills for communication with good attitude and adherence to protocol.
- Drivers should demonstrate strong sense of responsibility and be able to adjust to emerging task starting time.
- Ensure good condition of vehicles. Payments will be made solely upon receipt of firm deliverables to be negotiated between Abt Associates and the winning bidder at the time of contract award.
All quotes must be submitted in two (original and duplicate) in a sealed envelope and marked RFQ Toyota Prado
. All quotes must be received by 5.30p.m on 25th April, 2013.
Responses to questions/inquiries are due 7 days from the day of publication.
All quotes must be submitted in hard copies to:
The Procurement & Logistics Coordinator,
Abt Development Foundation,
Behind Police Commissioner’s House,
Off Shendam Road, Lafia,
This RFQ shall not be misconstrued to be a commitment on the part oil Abt Associates to award any form of contract to any respondent nor shall it entitle any organization to claim indemnity from Abt Associates.