The Debt Management Office (DMO) hereby requests for Expressions of Interest (EOIs) for prequalification from qualified and reputable Vendors with proven solutions (IT Systems) for executing, settling and reporting sovereign debt securities auctions and other primary market activities, routing trades and trade data between the various stakeholders of the Nigerian sovereign debt securities as well as interconnectivity with DMO’s other Information Technology (IT) infrastructure, the IT systems of other Regulatory Agencies, the Primary Dealer Market Makers (PDMMs) and any other relevant participants in the FGN debt securities market.
As part of its debt management strategy and in line with the government’s Transformation Agenda, the DMO is in the process of upgrading and automating its bond auctioning and other activities to serve both national and international stakeholders. This upgrade shall require a concomitant upgrade in assets management, communications and operations, among others.
The Functionalities of the Required IT System/Solution
The functionalities of the required IT System/Solution should include:
- Handling all activities in the primary FGN debt securities market such as auctions, reverse auctions, re-openings, tap sales, securities lending, switches, buy-backs, etc as well as handle/manage the auctioning process, including publishing details of auctions, accepting bids during the auctioning period, allotting bonds to bidders based on the Dutch or any other method of auction, publishing auction results and any other information about the auction as may be required.
- Interconnecting seamlessly with DMO’s IT infrastructure, the IT systems of other Regulatory Agencies, the Primary Dealer Market Makers (PDMMs) and any other relevant participants in the FGN debt securities market and sharing information on online real time basis.
- Providing middleware and event management software to securely route trade details between the IT System/Solution and external parties for settlement, including the Central Bank and the central custodian, etc, and to publish trade and other information to external destinations, including websites and other trading venues.
- Providing reporting software to securely produce and distribute reports periodically and on an event-driven basis to the various market regulators and other stakeholders.
- Providing the infrastructure to host the IT System and provide connectivity between the DMO, its disaster recovery site, the PDMMs and other stakeholders, including hardware, database, operating system and communications services.
- Providing facilities for price discovery, data analysis, data archiving, information dissemination, etc on online real time basis.
Firms that wish to respond to this request for Expression of Interest should provide the following documents or information as a basis for pre-qualification.
- Evidence of Incorporation with the relevant incorporation/registration body.
- Evidence of similar projects handled in the past in relevant areas, including status of the projects.
- Company profile, which should include CVs of key personnel with evidence of experience in the financial markets and in ICT.
- Financial capability showing profitability, including audited accounts for the last three years (2010 -2012).
- Bank reference from any deposit money bank.
- Proven knowledge of the sovereign debt securities (including bonds and treasury bills) market and in particular activities in the primary sovereign debt securities market.
- Proven knowledge of ICT infrastructure used in the primary sovereign debt securities market by relevant regulatory agencies and major participants in the market and the interconnectivity between these Systems.
- In the case of a consortium EOI, evidence of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the consortium members will be required.
- A Certification/Affidavit that the Company has never been blacklisted by a Country or Organization.
- Evidence of providing IT System/Solution to a sovereign (central) government for its primary debt securities market and which market currently holds at least regular monthly auctions of its debt securities.
Closing Date/Submission of Expression of Interest
Expressions of Interest/Pre-qualification documents, which are to be in English Language, must be submitted in six (6) copies in a sealed envelope clearly marked: “Expression of Interest/Pre-qualification documents for IT System/Solutions to the DMO for the FGN debt securities market’’
The Expression of Interest/Prequalification Documents should be addressed and delivered not later than 12 Noon (Nigerian Time) on Monday, 1st July, 2013 to the following address:
DMO Tenders Board,
Debt Management Office,
NDIC Building, (1st Floor), Plot 447/448 Constitution Avenue,
Central Business District, Abuja,
Nigeria Tel: 09-8766786; 09-8761611,
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website:
- Companies which submit EOIs within the stipulated time are invited to witness the public opening and evaluation of the EOIs by 2 p.m. (Nigerian Time) on Monday, 1st July, 2013 in the DMO Conference Room. This serves as a notice and invitation to all interested stakeholders to observe the opening of the EOIs.
- After the evaluation of the EOIs, a shortlist of companies which score at least the minimum requirements of the criteria for shortlisting, will be drawn up on the basis of the evaluation of the EOIs received.
- Companies shortlisted after the evaluation of the EOIs will be issued Request for Proposal (RFP) and invited to submit both Technical and Financial Bids but separately, which will be used as a basis for the selection and upon obtaining relevant approvals, subsequent appointment of the company to provide the IT System/Solution being sought for.
- Furthermore, the DMO will not enter into any dialogue with any company/firm for not being shortlisted or pre-qualified.
Debt Management Office