Invitation to Tender for the Construction of the New City Phase 1A: Interim Waste Water Treatment Works, Rivers
The Greater Port Harcourt City Development Authority (GPHCDA) has secured the necessary funds for the implementation of the Phase 1A: Interim Waste Water Treatment Works as a part of the first phase of the New City development and intends to apply a portion of these funds towards payments under contract for the implementation of the following works:
- The Interim Waste Water Treatment Works (IWWTW), which is the subject of this tender, is intended to provide a sewage treatment facility to serve Phase IA of the New City development until j such time as a permanent waste water treatment works is constructed at Ogbogoro.
- The works shall be of a package treatment plant type which can at a later stage be removed and reassembled at a new location.
- The initial sewage flow to be treated is estimated at 500kI per day, with the potential to increase the treatment capacity in further modular elements of 500kl per day increments.
- The maximum instantaneous flow to the works for purposes of the design of the treatment process must be not less than 3.75 times the average daily flow of 500kl per day.
- The works to be delivered shall include the following key elements:
- Biological treatment process to treat the expected inflow to the works to the specified international standard for treated effluent;
- All necessary instrumentation, mechanical and electrical works for the sustainable operation of the treatment process;
- The civil, building and structural works necessary in order to accommodate and service the treatment plant;
- The installation, testing and commissioning of’ the treatment plant by the specialist original equipment supplier(s) and training of operational staff
23rd January, 2014
Method of Submission:
The tenderer shall submit with his tender the proposed construction work plan indicating in sufficient detail all key activities and processes in such a manner as to meet the scheduled time for completion of the works.
The allowable construction period for completion of the above works and all ancillary items is nine (9) calendar months. GPHCDA now invites eligible tenderers to submit sealed bids in accordance with the published tender procedures for the construction of the above works,
The tender process will be conducted by way of an open competitive tender procedure in accordance with the Rivers State Public Procurement Law 4 of 2008, and is open to local, national and international tenderers.
Interested parties may obtain further information and inspect the tender documents at the offices of GPHCDA at the address below during local business hours. A complete set of tender documents may be purchased at the offices of GPHCDA or by submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of one hundred thousand Naira (NGN 100 000.00). Documents requested in writing will be dispatched by prepaid registered mail to the applicant at the address provided.
A compulsory pro-tender briefing meeting will be held at 12:00 noon prompt on Thursday 9 January 2014 at the offices of GPHCDA, Blue Room, 38 Ordinance Road, Trans-Amadi Industrial Layout, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
The GPHCDA contact address for purposes of this tender is as follows:
- Tenders must be submitted on the original tender documents only. Copies or electronic submissions of the tender will not be accepted.
- Tenders must be accompanied by a Tender Security in the form provided in the amount of two percent (2%) of the total tender sum.
- Tenders must be delivered to GPHCDA at the address below. Tenders received after this date and time will be rejected and returned to the tenderer unopened.
- There will be a public opening at 4:00pm on the above date of all tenders correctly received.
The Secretary, Tender Board
Greater Port Harcourt City Development Authority
38 Ordinance Road
Trans-Amadi Industrial Layout
Contact person: Mr. Douglas D Dimkpa
Tel: +234 806 038 0399