Posted by Leuna on Thu 13th Sep, 2012 - nigeriantenders.com
Federal Government of Nigeria
Federal Ministry of Education Federal Secretariat Complex, Phase III Ahmadu Bello Way, Central Business Area, Abuja
Invitation for Pre-Qualification and Tender for Construction of Faculty of Law Building, University of Calabar, Calabar, Cross River State.
The Federal Government of Nigeria has provided funds in the 2012 Appropriation for the Federal
Ministry of Education (FME) and the Ministry intends to utilise part of the funds for Construction of Faculty of Law Building at the university of Calabar, Calabar, Cross River State.
2. In realization of the project, the Ministry had advertised in the Federal Tenders Journal, Punch and Daily Trust newspapers of 14th May, 2012 inviting interested and reputable contractors to submit pre-qualification documents for the project. Pre-qualification documents received in respect of the project were publicly opened on Tuesday 12th June, 2012. However in line with public Interest and Section 28 of the 2007- Public Procurement Act, the procurement proceedings earlier commenced on the 14th May, 2012 in respect of the project was cancelled and to re-commence TODAY with the publication of this advertisement.
3. Pre-Qualification Requirements
Interested and competent Contractors wishing to carry out the job are required to submit the following documents which will be subjected to verification by the Ministry:
(i) Evidence of registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC);
(ii) Evidence of Current Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years ending in December 2012;
(iii) Evidence of VAT registration Certificate with TIN No. and past remittances for the last 3 years;
(iv) Evidence of Financial Capability from reputable Bank to execute the project.
(v) Company profile with CVs of key officers including photocopies of relevant professional/technical qualifications;
(vi) Evidence of registration with relevant professional bodies sith as ARCON, COREN, CORBON, etc
(vii) List of verifiable Construction Equipment indicating ownership or lease agreement
(viii) Verifiable evidence of successful completion of similar works within the past three (3) years and attach copies of letters of awards and certificates of successful completion;
(ix) Evidence of issuance of Compliance Certificate to all Organizations by PENCOM in line with Pension Reform Act 2004 (as amended);
(x) Evidence of compliance with the amended lndustrial Training Fund Act, 2011;
(xi) A sworn affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of Federal Ministry of Education, Bureau of Public Procurement or University of Calabar, Calabar is a former or present Director, Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particular;
NB: The above listed requirements shall form part of the bids evaluation criteria and non compliance with any of the stated conditions shall result in automatic disqualification of the bidder.
4. Bidding will be conducted through National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedure as specified in the 2007 Public Procurement Act.
5. The general public is invited to note that contractors that responded to our earlier advertisements in the Federal Tenders Journal, Punch and Daily Trust newspapers of 14th May, 2012 in respect of this project, and that has been cancelled, are advised to re-apply and participate in this procurement process.
6. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Procurement Department and inspect the Bidding Documents between 9.00am till 3.30 pm (Mondays—Fridays) except public holidays. The address is:
Department of Procurement
Federal Ministry of Education
Room 3.09, Podium L, Federal Secretariat Complex, Phase III
Ahmadu Bello Way, Central Business Area, Abuja
Collection of Documents
7. A complete set of Bidding Documents shall be collected by interested, bidders from the address in paragraph 6 above on the submission of written application accompanied by a non refundable tender fee of Fifty Thousand Naira (N50,000.00) in certified Bank Draft payable to Federal Ministry of Education. The bidding documents will be collected by hand by bidder's representative.
Submission of Pre-Qualification and Tender Documents
8. Prequalification documents and Financial bids must be delivered to Podium L, Room 3.09, 3rd Floor, Federal Ministry of Education, Federal Secretariat Complex Phase III, Central Business Area, Abuja on or before Wednesday, 19th September, 2012 at 12.00 Noon in two (2) separete sealed envelopes and clearly marked “PREQUALIFICATION DOCUMENTS FOR UNICAL LAW BUILDING” and second envelope marked "FINANCIAL BID FOR UNICAL LAW BUILDING” at the top left hand corner of each envelop. Financial bids must be accompanied by 2.0% Bid Security in form of Bank Guarantee from a reputable Bank. The name of the contractor should be boldly written at the back of the envelopes. The two envelopes shall also be enclosed together in a bigger envelope, sealed and waxed and shall be addressed to the Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Education, Abuja. Late bidswill be rejected.
1.00pm on Wednesday, 19th September, 2012
Public Opening of Bids
9. Prequalification documents shall be publicly opened immediately at the expiration of Bids submission close date, i.e., 1.00pm on Wednesday, 19th September, 2012 at the address below in the presence of the bidders’ representatives and interested members of the public:
Federal Ministry of Education Conference Room
Federal Secretariat Complex,
Phase III, Ahmadu Bello Way
Central Business Area —Abuja
10. The general public is invited to note that Financial Bids of only the prequalified contractors shall be publicly opened thereafter, while the financial bids of the unqualified contractors shall be returned to them.
11. Nothing in this advertisement shall be construed as a commitment on the part of the Ministry to award any or all the above listed projects.
Federal Ministry of Education, Abuja