The Ministry of Works for and on behalf of the Kebbi State Government will receive bids for the Construction of 6 span bridge along Matsinkai-Firini road at the Office of Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Works & Transport HQ, Haliru Abdu Secretariat Complex, Birnin Kebbi State, Nigeria.
Advertisement and Invitation for Bids for the Construction of 6 Span Bridge Along Matsinkai-Firini Road
Bids shall be submitted in a sealed envelope on the bill of engineering measurement and evaluation (BEME) included in the contract documents to be obtained from Director, Civil Engineering Department, Ministry of Works and Transport HQ, Birnin Kebbi, Kebbi State. The sealed envelope shall be clearly marked “Construction of 6 span bridge along Matsinkai-Firini road” (in the lower left hand corner).
Bids are invited for the items of work, including but not limited to:
- Construction of the bridge on the specified road
- Related ancillary civil engineering and relevant hydrological works on the bridge
13th December, 2013
The successful bidder must:
Opening of Bids
- Show knowledge and understanding of the geographical terrain and other geo-physical features of Kebbi State and specific area where the project will be executed.
- Show clear evidence of execution of similar civil engineering project in Nigeria.
- Show clear records of payment of corporate taxes, PAYE, for personnel/employees, VAT etc.
- Present clear evidence of having in its employment the requisite civil engineering and other competencies required for the execution of a project of this nature; and
- Present such other information and competencies as may be requested or indicated by the Director, Civil Engineering of Department, Ministry of Works and Transport, Birnin Kebbi, Kebbi State.
The bids will be opened and read aloud by 12:00pm on Monday, December 16 2013, at the:
Office of the Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Works and Transport HQ,
- Bids may be held by the Kebbi State Government for period not to exceed thirty (30) days from the date of the bid opening for the purpose of reviewing the bids and investigating the bidders’ qualifications prior to the contract award.
- Bid/Contract documents may be examined or may be obtained at the Office of the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Works and Transport HQ, Haliru, Abdu Secretariat, Birnin Kebbi.
- All contractors/subcontractors who are debarred, suspended or otherwise excluded from or ineligible for participation on the execution of any civil engineering or complex engineering contract into Nigeria may not undertake any activity in part or in full under this project.
- The Kebbi State Government reserves the right to reject any or all bids or to waive any informalities in the bidding.