This request for Expression of interest follows the General Procurement Notice for the project that appeared in the Development Business: No-GNP/002/07 of 9th September 2006 and 12th February 2007, Newspaper advertisement in the Guardian and Daily trust of 7th January, 2014.
Expression of Interest for Consulting Services for the Malaria Control Booster Project
Gombe State Government has obtained financing from the Internal Development Association (IDA) World Bank via a Subsidiary Credit Agreement (5(A) between the State Government and the federal Government of Nigeria, and plans to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services for the Malaria Booster Project in the State.
The project is aimed at reducing morbidity and mortality due to malaria and related childhood ailments in the state through the delivery of the Malaria plus Package (MPP). The prime targets for these interventions are children under 5 years and pregnant women.
The consultant is to:
- Contribute to instrument finalization and manual development by co-developing with Program Management and MIEP/Pls final survey, formatting of questionnaires and manuals. In this regard, the consultant is required to use the instruments and lessons learnt from the baseline as basis for the follow up.
- Secure ethical clearance for the follow up survey from a Social Sciences Ethics Review Board.
- Should have sufficient human resources that include Interviewers, Medical Assistants, Data Entry Operators, Supervisors, Senior Medical Experts, GIS Experts, Sociologists and other support staff.
- Provide logistic support such as office space, all necessary survey equipments including computers, GPS units, Malaria Rapid Diagnostic Test kits and other medical consumables and Training venues etc.
- Sample design based on guidelines From Program Management and MIEP/Pls; Household listing in selected areas, additional listing in selected areas as require, selection of survey and replacement households and communities, and calculation of sample weight following data collection as would be defined by Program Management and MIEP/Pls.
- To provide training -materials, and prepare and conduct, training for Interviewers, Medical Assistants, Supervisors, Data Entry Operators and Data Managers, and select final set of the listed personnel for survey administration.
- Conduct data collection on Household, Community, Community Directed Distributors (CDDs), Patent Medicine Vendors (PMVs), Primary Health facilities (PHfs) and Primary Health Facility Workers, and Social Capital Behavioral Games.
- Organize and apply quality control measures during data collection, create a computeri2ed double-entry data template using CSpro with relevant quality control tools/measures, deliver data in labeled variables and State, carry out data entry and ensure safe handling and security of all data in both hard and soft formats, enforce strict anonymity of data and transmit full data sets to Gombe State Malaria Control Booster Project, NMCP and MIEP/Pls.
The Gombe State Malaria Control Booster Project now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing services in Firm to Implement Follow Up surveys on Malaria Impact Evaluation. The consulting services are to extend over a period of 20 weeks commencing from the date of contract signing.
21st January, 2014
Method of application
Interested Firms must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignment, experience in similar condition, availability of requisite skills, etc. Consultants may associate to enhance their qualifications.
Firms will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank Guidelines: Selections and employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011).
Gombe State Malaria Control Booster Project, B
- Interested Firms may obtain further information at the address below during office hours on Mondays to Fridays between 10:00am to 4:00pm daily, except on public holidays.
- Expression of interest must be delivered on or before the closing date of this publication
- Expression of interest must be delivered to the address below:
Behind Bulma Guest Inn,
New GRA, Gombe
Phone: 08036140724, 07062518618