The Partnership for Transforming Health Services (PATHS) 2 project, a 6.-year national program funded by the UK’s Department for International Development (DFiD) to lead health system strengthening efforts in Nigeria is about conducting project Bud-line evaluation survey in 5 focal states of Lagos, Enugu, Kano, Kaduna and Jigawa which requires services and expertise of Independent Survey Firm.
Invitation for Expression of Interest for Conducting Project Bud-Line Evaluation Survey
Working with the M&E Advisor and PATHS 2 technical team, the survey firm will be required to:
- Avail itself with relevant background information to ensure adequate understanding of the project design, focus and expected results.
- Demonstrate the understanding of the project log frame, especially the indicators to be measured through the survey
- Review the proposed survey design and methodology, proposing improvements where they are considered necessary
- Review the survey instruments for validity, reliability and accuracy as well as any other attributes that are considered necessary. The survey firm will be expected to clear doubts in any area of the plan, including the design, methodology and instruments.
In implementing the survey plan the sub-contractor is required to:
- Develop the manuals for each component of the survey namely: household, health facility, provider and logistics
- Identify and recruit experienced field enumerators
- Train field enumerators, supervisors, field monitors and other personnel involved in the implementation of the survey
- Script the questionnaire for use in the PDA
- Implement the data collection plan using PDA
- Provide data coordinates on all points where interview occurred, including households, health facilities and medical stores.
- Ensure complete retrieval of completed questionnaires from the field
- Enter the data, using the CSPro software
- Carry out thorough data cleaning
- Process and generate the initial results tables, using SPSS or STATA
- Carry out any other tasks as may be determined in relation to this assignment.
Closing date: 30th April, 2014
- Submission of cleaned survey dataset in CSPro Format on or before 30th April, 2014
- Submission of results tables at project level and disaggregated by the 5 focal states on or before 30 April, 2014.
Submission of survey materials namely; EA Maps, Household and Health Facility Lists, completed survey instruments, any other it that may have been provided by the project for the purpose of the survey on or before 30 May, 2014.
- Firm should have verifiable Nigeria presence and bank accounts.
- Interested groups or organizations should kindly register their interest by sending email as indicated here under which will qualify them for the full proposal. Ensure you indicate your contact person’s name and telephone number on or before closing date to: firstname.lastname@example.org