The Federal Government of Nigeria wishes to call for bids from register insurance companies to provide life assurance cover for all its employees in compliance with the Pension Reform Act 2004 for the year 2014/2015.
Invitation For Expression Of Interest For Pre-Qualification As An Insurer For Group Life Assurance Cover For Employees Of The Federal Government For 2014/2015
Any insurance company applying to be pre-qualified must satisfy the following conditions:
It must be a limited liability company registered in Nigeria and licensed by the National Insurance Commission (NALCOM) to transact Life Assurance Business.
- It must have assets as stipulated in the Insurance Act 2003 and its (2012) published accounts for its life assurance business.
- It must have adequate and qualified staff with cognate experience in life assurance business.
- It must have verifiable location address in Abuja.
- It must be a good corporate company that pays it taxes as at when due.
- It must have complied with the Pension Reform Act 2004.
- It must have evidence of claims settlement.
- It should provide evidence of registration under the Employee Compensation Act with Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF).
- Evidence of compliance with Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Amendment Act No. 19 of 2011
An insurer applying to be pm-qualified must do so in writing accompanied by the following documents to be bound together:
- True copy of its Certificate of incorporation recently certified by the Corporate Affairs Commission;
- A true copy of its license or recertification as an insurer to transact life assurance business certified by NAIGOM;
- A copy of the company’s published Annual Report and Accounts for the last three years certified by NAICOM 2010, 2011 and 2012:
- A copy of the NAICOM approval of Annual Returns and Accounts for the underwriting year 2012;
- A true copy of the company’s current Tax Clearance Certificate valid till 31/12/2013 certified by issuing Tax Office of the Federal inland Revenue Service and evidence of payment of current tax;
- A current clearance issued by the National Pension Commission with respect to transfer of legacy pension liabilities;
- Certificate of compliance with the Pension Reform Act in respect of company’s employees issued by the National Pension Commission;
- A profile of 6 (six) top management staff of the company with their qualifications and insurance working experience:
- Evidence of experience in similar schemes: and
- A signed declaration by the Chief Executive Officer that the company settles and will continue to settle all genuine claims promptly.
3rd March, 2014
Time: 12:00 pm
All certified documents must be the original certified copy and currently dated.
Six (6) copies of the bound application and supporting documents must be submitted in a sealed envelope marked “Bid for Group Life Assurance Cover for Employees of the Federal Government 2014/2015 Insurer" to reach:
The Secretary, Ministerial Tenders Board,
Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation,
6th Flow; Block B.,
Director of Procurement Office,
Federal Secretariat Phase H,
- Opening of bids will be held in the presence of applicants, who wish to attend at 12:00 on Monday 3rd March, 2014. Venue is Atiku Hall, Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, Federal Secretariat Phase II, Abuja.
- No communication will be entered into with any unsuccessful applicant