The Federal Government of Nigeria desires to call for bids from registered insurance Brokers to provide life assurance cover for all its employees in compliance with the Pension Reform Act 2004 for the year 2014/2015.
Invitation for expression of interest for pre-qualification as an insurance broker for the group life assurance covers for employees of the federal government for 2014/2015
Any insurance broker applying to be prequalified must satisfy the following conditions:
An insurance broker applying to be pre-qualified must do so in writing accompanied by the following documents to be bound together:
- It must be a limited liability company registered in Nigeria and licensed by the National insurance Commission (NAICOM) to act as an insurance Broker;
- It must have a verifiable 15 full time employees with cognate qualification and experience;
- It must have acquired good experience in group life business;
- It must have verifiable location address in Abuja;
- It must possess Professional Indemnity Cover with a limit of liability of not less than Ni 0,000,000.00 or 50% of its last annual brokerage income;
- It must be a good corporate citizen that pays its taxes as and when due;
- It must have complied with the Pension Reform Act 2004
- It should provide evidence of registration under the Employee Compensation Act with Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF).
- Evidence of compliance with industrial Training Fund (ITF) Amendment Act No. 19 of 2011
- A true copy of its certificate of incorporation recently certified by the corporate Affairs Commission;
- A true copy of its current license as an insurance broker recently certified by NAICOM;
- Copies of the company’s published Annual Report and Accounts for the last three years certified by NAICOM- 2010, 2011 and 2012;
- A true copy of the company’s current Tax Clearance Certificate valid till 31/12/2013 certified by issuing Tax Office of the Federal Inland Revenue Service and evidence of payment of current tax;
- A current certificate of compliance with the Pension Reform Act in respect of its employees issued by the National Pension Commission;
- A profile of 6 (six) top management staff of the company with their qualification and insurance working experience;
- Location address in Abuja;
- Evidence of current Professional Indemnity Cover;
Closing note: 3rd March, 2014
All certified documents must be original certified copy and currently dated.
Six (6) copies of the bound application and supporting documents must be submitted in a sealed envelope marked “Bid for Group Life Assurance Cover for Employees of the Federal Government 2014/2015 Insurance Broker” to reach:
The Secretary, Ministerial Tenders Board,
Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation,
6th Fctor of Procurement Office,
Federal Secretariat Phase II,
- Opening of bids will be held in the presence of applicants, who wish to attend at 12.00 on Monday 3rd March, 2014. Venue is Atiku Hall, Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, Federal Secretariat Phase 11, Abuja,
- No communications will he entered into with any unsuccessful applicant.