UNICEF Nigeria plans to utilize SMS technology to conduct various programs intended to have positive social impact in Nigeria. This shall involve receiving SMS from identified target groups as well as sending SMS to them, using dedicated short code numbers. There should be the same short codes for all the network providers.
UNICEF Nigeria Country Office is Calling for Interested Qualified Service Providers to Submit Applications to Become Prequalified in Relation to Upcoming Request for Proposal (RFP) for Mobile Gateway Hosting-Aggregator (“U-Report)
Key to UNICEF’s goals, all SMS’s which are sent to the dedicated short code numbers shall not be charged. The short code numbers must be toll free to the users of the short codes, and UNICEF and its partners shall meet the cost of the inbound and outbound SMS’s. There should be the same short codes for at the network providers
Successful Contractor will (not limited to):
- Provide hosting, maintenance and support for the mobile gateway at fixed rates for as long as UNICEF requests these Services. These Services can be terminated at any time. Supply all equipment materials, supplies and tools required to perform the Services.
- Specify and guarantee a minimum throughput capacity on at telecom networks,
- Provide access to incoming and outgoing SMS queues to and from Service Provider’s owned platform.
- Manage relationships with the telephone networks to fix technical faults and billing discrepancies as necessary.
Mandatory requirement for prequalification:
- Minimum of 5 years of existence: submit Legal Registration Certificate,
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in provision of similar services and implementation of similar contracts: submit List arid details.pf completed/ ongoing contracts in Nigeria including certificates of satisfactory completion of similar projects
- Good Financial Capacity: Submit audited financial statement
- Personnel: office Organogram and CVs of senior and technical level positions.
Closing date: 3rd February, 2014
Submission of Expression of Interest
Interested service providers are encouraged to complete and submit the Supply Profile Form (SPF), which can be downloaded from: www.unicef.org/nigeria/about_384.htmI Or obtained by sending an enquiry to: email@example.com Queries and the EOIs should be sent to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Please quote “Abuja/2014/910007-U Report” as subject in your correspondence.
- This EOI does not constitute a solicitation. We do not require bids or proposals at this stage; we merely seek your expression of interest in participating in the tender.
- A response to this Request for Expression of interest does not automatically ensure that you will be selected to participate in the tender.
- UNICEF reserves the right to change or cancel the requirement at any time during the EOI and/or solicitation process.
- UNICEF also reserves the right to require compliance with additional conditions as and when issuing the final tender document.