The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in pursuance of its statutory functions and in compliance with Due Process requirements seeks to appoint reputable Professional Accountancy Firms to carry out the Statutory Audit of the Commission for the two Years ended 31st December, 2012 and 2013.
Request for Proposals from Competent, Reputable and Duly Licensed Chartered Accountancy Firms
The Commission, therefore requests for proposals from competent, reputable and duly licensed Chartered Accountancy Firms for consideration and appointment for the above assignment.
Description of Assignment
The Accounting and Auditing Services required by the Commission has been categorized into the following “Lots”.
Statutory Audit for the years ended 31st December, 2012 and 2013 for INEC State Offices:
- Lot 1 - Nasarawa and Benue States
- Lot 2 - Bauchi and Gombe States
- Lot 3 - Yobe and Barno States
- Lot 4 - Lagos and Ogun States
- Lot 5 - Kogi and Edo States
- Lot 6 -Delta and Anambra States
- Lot 7 - Enugu and Ebonyi States
- Lot 8 - Akwa-lbom and Cross-River States
- Lot 9 - Adamawa and Taraba States
- Lot 10 - Ondo and Ekiti States
- Lot 11 - Oyo and Osun States
- Lot 12 - Imo and Abia States
- Lot 13 - Rivers and Bayelsa States
- Lot 14 - Kano and Jigawa States
- Lot 15 - Kaduna and Katsina States
- Lot 16 - Kwara and Niger States
- Lot 17 - Sokoto, Kebbi and Zamfara States
- Lot 18 - FCT and Plateau State
- Lot 19 - The Statutory Audit of the Commission’s Headquarters Account for the years ended 31st December, 2012/2013 and its Consolidation with the 37 Nos. of States’ Accounts for the same period.
Requests for Proposal Requirement:
The proposal from interested Professional Accountants in addition to Statement of Fees and expenses for the assignment must include the following:
- Registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
- Three (3) Years Tax Clearance Certificate of Principal Partners of the firm
- Submission of PENCOM’s Certificate of Compliance, confirming Company’s fulfillment of its statutory obligation to the Employee in respect to Pensions
- Evidence of 1 % ITF Training Contributions
- VAT Registration and past evidence of remittances
- Three (3) Years Audited Accounts of the Practicing Firms
- Experience/Technical qualification of Key Personnel
- Professional Practicing licenses of principal partners of the firm.
- List and evidence of similar assignments executed.
- Equipment, Technical capability and knowledge of the Industry
- Evidence of Registration with Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria (FRCN)
- Registration with the Office of the Auditor-General of the Federation
- Telephone (GSM) number(s) of the Principal Partners of the Firm
Closing date: 3rd March, 2014
All proposals indicating the Lot of assigned reference must be delivered in four (4) neatly bound copies in a sealed envelope clearly marked “Confidential” Notice of intent for engagement as Professional Accountants/External Auditors for 2012/2013 and addressed to:
The Secretary Independent National Electoral Commission,
Plot 436 Zambezi Crescent,
Maitama - District,
- All proposals must be accompanied with a non-refundable processing fee of N10, 000.00 each
- For clarification and/or additional information you may contact: Ag. Director Audit at INEC Headquarters, Abuja between the hours of 10:00am and 2.00pm - Monday to Friday from the date this advert is made public until the close of receipt of proposal.
- All proposals submitted shall be opened on 3rd March 2014 in the presence of the Firms or their representatives by 1:00pm at the Commissions’ Conference Ha 1 Headquarters, Maitama- Abuja.
- Only successful firms will be contacted after evaluation of the proposal.