The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) intends to undertake the replacement of its 1250kg, passenger lift systems by modern lifts at its Headquarter Office, located at the NNPC Towers, Herbert Macaulay Way Central Business District Abuja.
Pre-Qualification of Prospective Lift Specialist Contractors for the Replacement of Passengers’ Lift System at NNPC Towers
This advert is to request interested and reputable lift manufacturing companies/accredited representatives to submit their applications for prequalification.
Description of the Project (Works)
The project shall include, but not limited to, the inspection, detail engineering works, procurement, supp1y installation and commissioning of four (4Nos.) new16-passenge 1250kg high speed lift systems complete with all associated machines, control systems, panels and accessories.
The replacement works will involve the dismantling and removal of four (4Nos.) existing 16-passenger, 1250kg high speed lifts with their associated machines, control panels and accessories and in their positions install, test and commission the new lift systems.
Submission of Expression of Interest
Section 23(2) of the Public Procurement Act 2007 expressly provides as follows;
“Procuring entities shall supply a set of prequalification documents to each supplier, contractor or consultant that request them and the price that a procurement entity may charge for the prequalification documents shall reflect only the cost of printing and provision to suppliers or contractors and consultants.”
Only companies that are adjudged successful in the pre-qualification exercise shall be invited to collect tender documents upon payment of non-refundable fee of N100, 000.00 (One Hundred Thousand Naira) only for the replacement works as described in the item above.
By this publication, the NNPC hereby invites competent and reputable manufacturers/representatives with specialty/experience in lift manufacture, installation and maintenance for pre-qualification to bid for the required services as described in item above. Interested companies shall submit pre-qualification documents detailing their company’s capabilities, relevant experience and financial status as follows:
- Full details of company profile with CAC Certificate of Incorporation in Nigeria, certified true copies of the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the company and CAC form C07 (Particulars of Directors)
- Registration with NNPC Headquarters
- Proof of company’s financial capabilities, including audited accounts for the last three (3) years along with corresponding Tax Clearance Certificates, Value Added Tax (VAT) registration certificate and evidence of past VAT remittances
- Organizational structure and available work force with CVs of key personnel showing evidence of adequate human capital for the required services
- Relevant verifiable cognate experience with NNPC, or other organizations, on similar projects in the past five(5) years, (Please attach Job Completion Certificates for completed projects and status report for ongoing projects including: Year, Project Title, Client, Project Value, Duration, Client’s Contact Person, Phone Number and Email Address etc.).
- Willingness to commence with the execution on the basis of a Letter of Intent (LOI)
- Nigerian Content: plan indicating utilization of Nigerian Materials, Goods Services and Manpower, established presence in Nigeria including investment(s) and plan for training/transfer of technology to Nigerians in compliance with the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Nigerian Content Development (NOGICD) Act of 2010.
- Company’s obligation to pay taxes, pensions and soda security contributions in line with Section 16(6) d of the Public Procurement Act (PPA), 2007 and Section 1(2) of the Pension Reform Act 2004
- Company’s CASHES and Quality Assurance & Quality Control (QA/QC) policy, demonstrable ability to handle host community issues and details of safety records for accidents, injuries and damages for the past three (3) years e.g. Lost Time Incidents, Down-Time etc.
- Detailed Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Policy and Procedure that will be implemented to manage the hazard associated with the job should be provided.
- Any additional information that will enhance the potentials of the company
Closing date: 24th February, 2014
Submission of Pre-Qualification Documents
The requested information and any supporting documents in respect of these requirements should be submitted in one original plus two hard copies and two electronic copies (CD ROM). The document should be submitted in a single package, sealed and dearly marked as follows:"Replacement of Four (4Nos.), 1250kg High speed Lift Systems at NNPC Towers, Abuja.
The package(s) is to reach the address given below before the closing date of this publication.
E &T DEXCOM TENDERS’ BOARD,
Room 99, 1st Floor, Block D,
Central Business District,
- You shall provide NNPC with a letter of Authority to verify all claims made in your submissions.
- For a Joint Venture or Partnership, the previous experience being claimed may include those executed by the Joint Venture or Partnership were applicable, as well as the individual relevant experience.
- That this is not an Invitation to Tender
- Only qualified and certified Lifts manufacturing company or its confirmed representatives found qualified by NNPC under this pre-qualification procedure shall be invited to participate in the competitive tender.
- NNPC reserves absolute discretion and right to either accept or reject any documents and it shall not be required to assign a reason for refusal to invite you to participate in the bidding exercise or to enter any correspondence concerning the selection of any contractor for the services.
- All cost incurred by you as a result of this pre-qualification exercise and any subsequent request for information shall be to your account.
- The pre-qualification and any related process neither create any commitment by NNPC nor establish any legal relationship.
- It is Important to note that only Reputable Companies or their Accredited Representatives with Relevant Experience on Lifts Manufacturing, Installation and Maintenance will be considered for Tender.