The Sokoto State University is a new university that has gained a lot of popularity and a large number of students have been admitted into the University for the 2013/14 academic year. However, this large number of students has not ‘been matched by proper technology to assist the University in managing its administrative and academic activities; therefore there is need for a fully functional and reliable Internet Service within the University Campus and its School of Developmental Studies, SDS.
Invitation for Prequalification/Expression of Interest for Provision of Internet Services
Scope of Works
The University therefore wishes to invite prequalification/expression of interest from the interested and competent Internet Service Providers (ISP). The Internet Service should be provided and distributed throughout the Main Campus and the School of Developmental Studies, SDS with the use of both Wireless (Microwave & OMIN Wireless device) and Fibre Optic Cable Connectivity.
The scope of works also includes the following:
Bidders are to provide the following minimum prequalification requirements:
- Campus Wide Fibre Connectivity;
- Provision of point- to-point connectivity to School of Developmental Studies, SDS;
- Provision of a dedicated Bandwidth (at least 10 mpbs);
- Setting up of Wireless hot spots within the campus;
- Supply, Configuration and Installation of Servers with DNS, email and Firewall, all in FOSS (Free Open Source Software)
- Evidence of Registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) by inclusion of Certificate of incorporation and Article of Association;
- Tax Clearance Certificates of the following years: 2010; 2011; and 2012;
- VAT Registration and Remittance;
- Detailed Company profile;
- Evidence of Experience in at least five (5) jobs of similar nature and complexity executed within the last five years with verifiable letters of contract award, evidence of payment and certificate of job completion;
- Evidence of financial capability/reference letter from a reputable Bank;
- Memorandum of Understanding for Joint Ventures if applicable;
- Evidence of Pension Registration;
- Evidence of ITF Registration;
- Auditors’ Report for the last three years (2011, 2012 and 2013)
Closing date: 17th February, 2014
Submission of Prequalification Documents
The prequalification documents shall be submitted in sealed envelopes and labelled "Prequalification/Expression of Interest marked with Project Name” at the top right hand corner and addressed to:
Office of the University Librarian (ICT Committee Chairman)
Sokoto State University Birnin Kebbi Road,
- Only firms whose prequalification and expression of interest document fulfill the minimum requirements would be considered for the next stage of Invitation to Tender
- All enquiries should be directed to the above address.
- This announcement is published for information purposes only and does not constitute an offer to transact with any party for the project, nor does it constitute a commitment or obligation on the part of the University to procure concession services
- The University will not be responsible for any cost or expenses incurred by any interested party (ies) in connection with any response to this invitation and or the preparation or submission in response to an inquiry.
- The University is not bound to shortlist any contractor just as it also reserves the right to annul the selection process at any time without incurring any liabilities and assigning any reason thereof.