Nigerian Maritime Administration And Safety Agency (NIMASA)
(Established under the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency Act, 2007)
4 Burma Road, Apapa, RM.B. 12861, Lagos.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.nimasa.gov.ng
Invitation For Technical And Financial Bids For The Execution Of 2012 Capital And Recurrent Projects
1.1 The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA), a Parastatal of the Federal Ministry of Transport intends to embark on the procurement of various Goods, Works and Services as appropriated by the National Assembly under. 2012 Recurrent and Capital Budget of the Agency.
1.2 In compliance with the Public Procurement Act (PPA), 2007, the Agency hereby invites reputable and interested contractors/service providers/consultant with good and proven track record to submit technical and financial bids for the projects listed in the table below:
Lot Project Title
1. Completion of External and Internal Electric Works of the Nigerian Maritime Resource Development Centre (NMRDC), Kirikiri, Lagos
2. General Renovation and Re-Roofing of the Workshop Building at the Nigerian Maritime Resource Development Centre (NMRDC), Kirikiri, Lagos
3. Re-Design/Modification and Improvement of Helipad at the Nigerian Maritime Resource Development Centre (NMRDC), Kirikiri, Lagos
4. Rehabilitation of Dipcharima House, Federal Ministry of Transport Headquarters, Abuja
5. Dry Docking of Boats
6. Construction of a Standardized Marine Pollution Laboratory in Port Harcourt
Construction of Jetties at:
7. Nigeria Maritime University, Okerenkoko, Delta State
8. Ship building & Dockyard, Okerenkbko, Delta State
9. NIMASA Science & Technical College, Okoloba, Delta State
10. Rehabilitation of existing jetty at Niger Delta University, Bayelsa State
Bush Clearing Of:
11. Nigeria Maritime University, Okerenkoko, Delta State
12. Ship Building & Dockyard, Okerenkoko, Delta State
13. N1MASA Science & Technical College. Okoloba, Delta State
14. Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State
15. IBB University, Lapai, Niger State
16. University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Enugu State
17. University of Lagos, Lagos
Sand Filling At:
18. Nigeria Maritime University Okererikoko, Delta State
19. Ship Building & Dockyard, Okererikoko, Delta State
20. NIMA SA Science & Technical College, Okoloba, Delta State
21. Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State
22. University of Lagos, Lagos.
Soil Test For Structural Integrity:
23. Nigeria Maritime University Okerenkoko, Delta State
24. Ship Building & Dockyard, Okerenkoko, Delta State
25. NIMASA Science & Technical College, Okoloba, Delta State
26. Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State
27. IBB University Lapai, Niger State
28. University of Nagena, Nsukka, Enugu State
29. University of Lagos, Lagos.
30. Nigeria Maritime University Okererikoko, Delta State
31. Ship Building & Dockyard, Oker&ikoko, Delta State
32. NTMASA Science & Technical College, Okoloba, Delta State
33. Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State
34. IBB University, Lapai, Niger State
35. University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Enugu State
36. University of Lagos, Lagos
37 Shoreline Protection
Ship Building/ Dockyard Okerenkoko, Delta State
38. Supply of Maritime Books
39. The Development of Scheme of Service for the Agency
40. Pilot Study on Offshore Oil Reception Facility including Logistics in Warn
41. Tanker Vetting
Development of Academic Brief And Curriculum For:
42. Nigeria Maritime University Okerenkoko, Delta State
43 NIMASA Science & Technical College, Okloba, Delta State
Auction/Disposal of Assets:
44. Salvaged Floating Dock
45. 2Nos. Work Barges
46. 2Nos. Cargo Barges
47. 24 Inch Pipes with Flanges
48. All Scrap Metal Recovered from Salvaged Floating Dock
49. All Scrap Metal from Kirikiri Jetty Nigerian Ports Authority [NPA] Yard
2.0 General Requirements:
2.1 Prospective bidders are required to submit the following documents:
(a) Company profile stating registered office and functional contact address (including e-mail address and telephone numbers).
(b) Evidence of Incorporation/Registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
(c) Copy of Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Company
(d) Evidence of Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three years (2009, 2010 & 2011) showing annual turnover.
(e) Evidence of VAT Registration with TIN No. and past remitances for the last 3 years from Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS).
(f) Evidence of Certification or Exemption from PENTCOM in accordance with the Pension Reform Act, 2004 which must include evidence of remittance of Employees Pension Contributions/Deduction as applicable.
(g) Evidence of compliance with Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Act, 2011.
(h) Audited Statement of Account of the Company for the last three years duly endorsed by a firm of Chartered Accountants.
(i) List of verifiable documentary evidence of similar projects successfully executed/on-going Within the last three years (e.g Letters of Award, Job completion Certificates etc)
(j) Provision of Bid Security for all bids valued above N50 Million at 2% of the bid price by way of guarantee from a reputable Bank.
(k) Evidence of working capital for bids valued at N50 Million and above, and authority to seek reference from Bidder’s Bankers.
(l) Reference letter from a reputable Bank of financial capability to execute the project (Bank Guarantees from a reputable bank will form part of the evaluation criteria).
(m) A sworn affidavit that none of the Directors has been convicted in any court of law for any criminal offence.
(i) List of relevant technical equipment for the job clarifying whether the equipment are fully owned or leased
(ii) Evidence of accreditation/professional registration
(iii) List of key personnel including professionals
(iv) Verifiable evidence of similar jobs done will be an added advantage.
(i) Possession of satisfactory Quality Assurance/Quality Control manuals.
(ii) Verifiable evidence of similar jobs done will be an added advantage
(i) List of key personnel including professionals to be attached to the work, including photocopies of relevant professional certificates.
(ii) Verifiable evidence of similar works done will be an added advantage
3.0 Collection Of Bid Documents
3.1 Interested Companies/Finns should collect bid documents on Wednesday 29th August, 2012 from the Office of the Deputy Director, Procurement, 5th Floor, Nigerian Maritime Administration & Safety Agency, No.4 Burma Road, Apapa. Lagos after payment of a non-refundable fee of Thirty Thousand Naira (N30,000.00) only for each Lot at The Financial Services Department (Revenue Section) of the Agency on the 4th floor.
4.0 Deadline For Submission And Opening Of Bids:
4.1 All Bids should be submitted in an envelope with one set of CD-rom. The envelope should be dearly marked stating the Project, Lot Number, Company’s Name and submitted BEFORE the dosing date of 11th October, 2012 by 12 Noon in the office of:
The Deputy Director (Procurement),
5th Floor (Room 500),
Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency,
No.4 Burma Roa4 Apapa,
P.M.B. 12861, G.P.O Marina, Lagos.
5.0 Opening Of Bids Shall Be On Thursday
11th October at Nigerian Maritime
Resource Development Centre (NMRDC),
Kirikiri - Lagos by 2.00p.m.
6.1 All enquiries regarding this advertisement should be directed to the office of the Deputy Director of Procurement and/or through the following telephone numbers: 08036267415, 08050765455.
7.0 Please Note:
(i) Late submission of bids will not be entertained.
(ii) Any Bid submission on 10th October, 2012 should be dropped at the venue of the Opening at
NMRDC, Kirikiri before 12noon.
(iii) All CAC, VAT, PENCOM, ITF and Tax Clearance Certificates submitted may be referred to Security Agencies, Corporate Affairs Commission, Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), Industrial Training Fund, National Pension Commission and other relevant bodies for verification.
(iv) This notice shall not be construed to be a commitment on the part of Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency to award any form of contract to any respondent nor shall it entitle any Company/Firm submitting documents to claim any indemnity from the Agency.
(v) The Agency is not bound to accept the lowest tender and Bidders shall be responsible for all costs in preparation and submission of bids.