National Environmental Standards and Regulations Enforcement Agency (NESREA)
Invitation for Bids
Demonstration Waste Control Project In Osun State
The National Environmental Standards and Regulations Enforcement Agency (NESREA) is charged with the responsibility of enforcing all environmental laws, guidelines, policies, standards and regulations in Nigeria. In accordance with Section 7(d), (e), (h), (i), and 8 (m) of the NESREA (Establishment) Act, 2007, the Agency is requesting submissions from NESREA accredited Consultants for implementation of the Demonstration Waste Control Project in Oroki Housing Estate, Osun State.
Scope of Work
The project is to appraise and categorize domestic waste in Oroki Housing Estate, Osun State, with a view to proffering concrete recommendations and implementing appropriate sustainable waste control methods. The project will encompass the following:
- Definition of project area and baseline studies;
- Public awareness, including house to house sensitization, production and distribution of educational material and stakeholders’ consultations;
- Training and capacity building of waste collectors;
- Provision of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (e.g. overalls, raincoats, nose masks, hand gloves and coin boots) for 20 persons;
- Design and construction of model composting plant, including ancillary infrastructure;
- Test-running of compost plant, including analysis of the compost manure;
- Commissioning of the compost plant;
- Operation and maintenance of plant for additional one(1) month, including analysis of the compost manure;
- Preparation of progress reports; and
- Production of final project report, including video documentary of the entire project.
The duration of the project is three (3) months. Only NESREA accredited consultants in waste management and environmental technology are expected to apply.
Submission of Bids
i. Bids ore to be submitted in two (2) separate securely sealed and labeled envelopes, marked “Technical” and “Financial Proposal”. The Technical Bid should include work plan with clearly defined timeline. The envelopes should be addressed to:
Secretary, Public Procurement Committee,
National Environmental Standards and Regulations
Enforcement Agency (NESREA) Headquarters,
#4 Oro Ago Street, off Mohammadu Buhari Way,
Garki II, FCT, Abuja.
ii. Submission of the Bid must be accompanied with a non-refundable fee of Fifty Thousand Naira (N50,000.00) only, in Bank draft payable in favour of National Environmental Standards and Regulations Enforcement Agency.
iii. All submissions must be received not later than 12 noon (local time) on Friday, 14th September 2012 at the above address.
iv. Bids will be opened at the NESREA Headquarters, Abuja, in the presence of all Bidders or their representatives at 3.00pm the some day, Friday, 14th September 2012.
Director Administration and Finance,
For: Director General/CEO