The Government of Cross River State is committed to providing value driven outdoor media and signage operations through effective private sector participation in the State. The objective is to (a) safeguard the beauty and aesthetic appeal of the State with regards to outdoor media & signage given its increasing tourism and environmental footprint and (b) ensure innovation, leading practice, accountability and deployment of private sector capital in the management of outdoor media and signage.
Invitation for Expression of Interest (EoI) For the Operation of Outdoor Media & Signage under a Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Model
The successful bidder would be expected to work closely with the contracting authority -Cross River State Signage & Advertisement Agency (CRISSAA) in adopting the approved project implementation framework along the above objectives throughout the concession period.
Project Scope & Focus:
Highlight of the project focus include but not limited to the following:
- Operation of the signage & outdoor media space in the State as regards to revenue assessment, billing and collection in the most efficient & transparent manner whilst the contracting authority ensures balance &compliance through regulation and appropriate enforcement;
- Adoption of appropriate project outreaches and acceptable service offerings that would enable out-of-the-box quick wins, flexibility, increased revenue and optimal value to stakeholders’;
- Appropriate liaison & partnership with relevant stakeholders within the outdoor media and signage ecosystem, both within and outside the State in a manner that delivers sustainable value to stakeholders;
- Injection of private finance to enable timeous project rollout and expansion;
- Compliance with the State CRISSAA Law, relevant policies and the State outdoor media & signage Master plan;
- Engagement of the right technology, resources &competencies to enable sustainable win-win outcomes and project competitiveness;
- Partnership with CRISSAA in ensuring standardization, project compatibility and leading best practice in outdoor media and signage in the State: and,
- Complement CRISSAA in its project monitoring, client interfaces and enforcement initiatives.
- Additional project details would be provided on request within seven (7) days from this publication to interested bidders on firstname.lastname@example.org
Requirements for Interested Bidders
For pre-qualification, prospective firms or individuals should possess relevant and verifiable experience in the industry. Bidders would be required to provide the following information:
- Background information of the bidding entity including demonstration of technical competence in the required services;
- CV of Project team and intended partnerships;
- Evidence of a minimum of three (3) years satisfactory performance in the required services;
- Proposed outline business model;
- Bidders would be required to register with the State Due Process Office. (Registration details to be provided on request)
17th February, 2014
Submission of Expression of Interest (EoI)
Interested firms or individuals may obtain further project information (via e-mail on email@example.com) on the EoI pre-qualification criteria prior to submission of interest.
The execution of the project will be for a defined concession period under the Finance, Operate and Transfer (PPP) model EoI submissions demonstrating technical competence only without financial proposition is required at this stage and must include:
Five (5) original hard copies of the EoI proposal and One (1) soft copy (in CD or flash drive) of the technical proposal to be delivered in a sealed envelope and submitted on or before Friday, February 28, 2014 not later than 4:00pm (Nigerian time).Official Receipts signifying submission would be issued (at the point of submission). The sealed envelope must be clearly marked: EoI- Concession of Outdoor Media & Signage in CRS and addressed to:
The Director General
Bureau of Public Private Partnerships
33A, NsefikEyo Layout,
Off NdidemUsanglsoRoad, Calabar
Cross River State
Phone number: 0815 567 3995
- It should be noted that this invitation does not constitute a commitment on the part of CRSG or its agencies to award the project to any firm or consortium expressing interest on the project. Submission of the documents shall not entitle any of the interested parties to any claims against CRSG or its agencies by virtue of such firm or consortium having responded to the EoI invitation.
- All costs incurred by respondents as a result of this EoI invitation and any subsequent requests for information shall be for the respondent’s account only.