The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in compliance with the powers granted it by Section 22, Sub-section (1 & 2) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended) and in compliance with Due Process Requirements, seeks to appoint reputable professional Accounting Firms to carry out the Audit of the accounts and books of all registered Political Parties for the financial year ended 31St December, 2013.
Invitation for Proposal for the Annual Audit of Accounts of Political Parties for the 2013 Financial Year
Description of Assignment
- Interested firms should apply for Auditing of any one of the Registered Political Parties (Details of the Registered Political Parties and other necessary information can be obtained from the Elections and Party Monitoring (EPM) Department, INEC Headquarters, Maitama Abuja);
- Successful Firms are expected to submit a soft copy and 35 hard copies of their Audit Report in line with the Universal Best Practices and the guidelines as provided in the Commission’s Political Party Finance Handbook.
Interested Auditing Firms should submit Five (5) copies of application to the Commission expressing their desires to this effect and forward along with the following:
- Photocopy of Certificate of Incorporation/Registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC);
- Evidence of Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three years (2010, 2011 and 2012) corresponding with the turnover period;
- Submission of PENCOM’s Certificate of Compliance, confirming company’s fulfillment of its statutory obligation to the Employees in respect of Pensions;
- Evidence of 1% ITF Training Contributions;
- Company Audited Account for the last three years (2010, 2011 and 2012) duly signed and stamped with a professional Accounting/Auditing firm;
- VAT Registration and evidence of past remittances;
- Comprehensive Company Profile including list of names of key personnel to be involved in the project, stating their roles, technical/professional qualifications and experience;
- Professional Practicing licenses of principal partners of the firm;
- Evidence of registration with Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria (FRCN);
- Bank Reference letter with evidence of Financial Capabilities and Turn-over;
- Verifiable list of similar jobs successfully executed in the last three years including letters of award of contracts and job completion certificates;
- Telephone (GSM) number(s) of the Principal Partner of the Firm;
- Any other relevant information;
Closing date: 27th March, 2014
Method of Submission
All proposals should be submitted in a sealed envelope marked “Annual Audit of Political Parties for 2013” and addressed to:
Secretary to the Commission,
- Opening of the pre-qualification documents will be immediately after the deadline on Thursday, 27th March, 2014 by 11.00 a.m. at the Commission’s Conference Hall, Maitama Abuja.
- For further information/details, the firm’s representative(s) can contact Director, Election and Political Party Monitoring, INEC Headquarters, Maitama, Abuja, between the hours of 10.00 a.m. — 4.00 p.m. daily, Monday to Friday during the period covered by this advertisement.
- The Commission reserves the right to accept or reject any application;
- Firms participating in the pre-qualification exercise shall not be entitled to make any claim(s) whatsoever or receive any indemnity from the Commission by virtue of their response to this advertisement.
- Only Firms that pre-qualified will be invited to submit financial bid.