Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPN), operator of NNPC/MPN Joint Ventures plans to engage Contractors for the provision of Mud logging Services on its rigs within the NNPC/MPN Joint Venture (JV) acreage for an anticipated contract term of two (2) years with one (1) year optional renewal period. Contract is expected to commence in the by the second quarter of 2015.
Tender Opportunity for the Provision of Mud Logging Services
Scope of Work
The scope of work includes, but is not limited to the provision of Mud logging services, associated tools and highly qualified specialist personnel. Interested companies must be able to provide the following:
- Monitoring/Reporting of drilling mechanics;
- Collection/Correlation of formation samples;
- Analysis/Reporting of Formation Fluids;
- Miscellaneous Mud logging Services;
- To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested contractors are required to be prequalified in the Mud Logging Product Group 3.04.07 in the NipeX Joint Qualification System (NJQS) database. All successfully prequalified suppliers in this category will receive Invitation to Technical Tender (ITT).
- To determine if you are prequalified and view the product/service category you are listed for; Open www.nipexng.com and access NJQS with your login details, click on continue Joint Qualification Scheme tool, click check my supplier status and then click supplier product group.
- If you are not listed in a product/service category you are registered with DPR to do business, contact NipeX office at 30 Oyinkan Abayomi Street, lkoyi Lagos with your DPR certificate as evidence for verification and. necessary update,
- To initiate the JQS prequalification process, access www.nipexng.com to download an application form, make necessary payments and contact NipeX office for further action.
- To be eligible, all tenders must comply with the Nigerian Content requirements in the NipeX system.
Company is committed to the development of the Nigerian Oil arid Gas business in compliance with the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development Act 2010 (NOGICD Act) enacted by the Federal Government of Nigeria in April, 2010.
As from the commencement of this Act, the minimum Nigerian Content in any project, service or product specification to be executed in the Nigerian oil and gas industry shall be consistent with the level set in the Schedule to the Act and any other targets as may be directed by the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB).
NNPC/MPN JV requires their Contractors to comply with the Act, its attached Schedule and any applicable regulation developed by the Nigerian Content Development Monitoring Board.
Nigerian Content (NC) in the Nigerian oil and gas industry is defined as:
“The quantum of composite value added to or created in the Nigerian economy by a systematic development of capacity and capabilities through the deliberate utilization of Nigerian human material resources and services in the Nigerian oil and gas industry.”
“Nigerian company’ is a company formed and registered in Nigeria in accordance with the provisions of Companies and Allied Matters Act with not less than 51% equity shares by Nigerians.
Bidders shall consider Nigerian content as an important element of their overall project development and management philosophy for project execution.
As part of their submissions, Tenderers shall:
- Provide a description of its committed infrastructure (asset, equipment, technical office, and administrative space, storage, workshop, assembly area, repair, and maintenance, testing, laboratory, etc.) in Nigeria (offices, equipment etc.) to support this contract, evidence that 50% of all equipment deployed to work by multinational and international companies are owned by the Nigerian subsidiary.
- Demonstrate that entity is a Nigerian-registered company. Provide details of its Ownership Structure Submit certified true copies of-CAC forms (C02 & C07) including memorandum & article of association. For foreign and multinational in alliance with a local company, submit evidence that the local company is an indigenous company and the binding agreement of the alliance duly signed by the CEOs of both parties.
- Submit a plan on how it intends to give first consideration to services provided from within Nigeria, raw materials and manufactured & assembled goods of Nigerian origin, in order to comply with the requirements of the NOGICD 2010 Act, and achieve the set target(s) in the Schedule of the Act i.e. 90% of total spend achieved with Nigerian personnel, materials, equipment and services for 2D and 4D Seismic Data Processing Services respectively. The plan must show utilization of Nigerian labour, services, Materials and Equipment for this service in order to achieve the requirements of the NOGICD Act.
- Demonstrate key Management positions that are Nigerian Nationals and the percentage of the Company total workforce (direct and in-direct employees) that are Nigerians
- Submit a plan on how it intends to provide Human Capacity Development and Personnel Training
- Provide evidence of application for Nigerian Content Equipment Certificate (NCEC) issued by Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (in respect of any components, spares, equipment, systems and packages to be used on the project.
7th March, 2014
Please note that:
- Bidders’ failure to comply with the NOGICD Act or demonstrate commitment to Nigerian Content development will result in Bidder’s disqualification
- Only Tenderers who are registered with the relevant Mud Logging Product Group 3.04.07 NJQS Product/Category shall be invited to submit Technical bids.
- Interested supplier mast be prequalified for this product/service category in NJQS
- Full tendering procedure will be provided only to contractors that have been successfully prequalified in NJQS.
- This advertisement shall neither be construed as an Invitation to Tender (ITT) nor a commitment on the part of MPN to award a contract to any supplier and/or associated companies, sub-contractors or agents
- This advertisement shall not entitle prequalified companies to make any claims whatsoever, and/or seek any indemnity from MPN and/or its partners by virtue of such companies having been prequalified in NJQS
- All costs incurred in registering and prequalifying for this and other product/service categories in NJQS shall be borne solely by suppliers.
- MPN shall communicate only with the authorized/responsible personnel of prequalified companies and not through unauthorized individuals or agents.
- Please visit the NipeX Portal at www.nipexng.com for this Advert and other information