Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPN), operator of NNPC/MPN Joint Ventures plans to engage the services of competent and qualified firms to provide Crude/Condensate Storage and Settling Tanks Repair Services on its locations Within the NNPC/MPN Joint Venture (JV) acreage for an anticipated contract term of three (3) years with a one (1) year optional renewal period.
Tender Opportunity for the Provision of Crude/Condensate Storage and Settling Tanks Repair Services
Scope of Work
The scope of work includes, but is not limited to the provision Crude/Condensate Storage and Settling Tanks Repair Services, associated tools and highly qualified specialist personnel.
Interested companies must be able to provide repair services for the following:
- Crude Storage Tank refurbishment consisting of six # (6) 500,000bbls and three #(3) 670,000bbls capacity tanks;
- Condensate Tanks refurbishment: includes three # (3) 670,000bbIs capacity tanks;
- Settling Tanks consisting of three # (3) 67,000bbls capacity;
Services shall include but riot limited to:
- Maintenance coating of shell (external & internal, roof deck and tank bottom);
- Replacement of upper wind girder, emergency escapes ladder and foam system;
- Upgrade of existing tank gauging systems and other instruments;
- Replacement of repair of specified works in accordance with AP1 653 and’ regulatory 5-year calibration of tanks
- To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested contractors are required to be prequalified in the 40207, 40307 and 40407: Terminal/Oil Movement Systems categories in NipeX Joint Qualification Scheme (NJQS) database.
- Alt successfully prequalified suppliers in this category will receive Invitation to Technical Tender (ITT).
- To determine if you are prequalified and view the product/service category you are listed for: Open www.nipexng.com and access NJQS with your log-in details, click on continue Joint Qualification Scheme tool, click check my supplier status arid then click supplier product groupLagos
- If you are not listed in a product/service category you are registered with OPR to do business, contact NipeX office at 30 Oyinkan Abayomi Street, Ikoyi with your DPR certificate as evidence for verification and necessary update.
- To initiate the JQS prequalification process, access www.nipexng.com to download an application form, makes necessary payments and contact NipeX office for further action,
Company is committed to the development of the Nigerian Oil and Gas business in compliance with the Nigerian Oil arid Gas Industry Content Development Act 2010 (NOGICD Act) enacted by the Federal Government of Nigeria in April 2010.
As from the commencement of this Act, the minimum Nigerian Content in any project, service or product specification to be executed in the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry shall be consistent with the level set in the Schedule to the Act and any other targets as may be directed by the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB).
MPNU requires their Contractors to comply with the Act, its attached Schedule and any applicable regulation developed by the NCDMB.
Nigerian Content (NC) in the Nigerian oil and gas industry is defined as:
“The quantum of composite value added to or created in the Nigerian economy by a systematic development of capacity arid capabilities through the deliberate utilization of Nigerian human, material resources and services in the Nigerian oil and gas industry.”
“Nigerian company” is a company registered in Nigeria in accordance with the provisions of Companies and Allied Matters Act with riot less than 51% equity shares by Nigerians. -Tenderers shall consider Nigerian content as an important element of their overall project development and management philosophy for project execution.
As part of their submissions, Tenderers shall:
- Provide a description of its committed infrastructure (asset, equipment, technical office, and administrative space, storage, workshop, assembly area, repair, and maintenance, testing, laboratory, etc.) in Nigeria (offices, equipment etc.) to support this contract, evidence that a minimum of 50% of all equipment deployed to work by multinational and international companies are owned by the Nigerian subsidiary.
- Demonstrate that its entity is a Nigerian registered company, defined as a company registered in Nigeria in accordance with the provision of Company and Allied Matters Act. Provide details of its Ownership Structure. Submit certified true copies of CAC form (C02 and C07) including Memorandum and Article of Association. For Nigerian company in alliance with a foreign company or multinational, submit evidence of binding agreement of the alliance duly signed by the CEO’s of both parties.
- Submit a plan on how it intends to give first consideration to goods and services provided from within Nigeria, to meet 75% Spend NC target in line with the requirements of the Act.
- Demonstrate key Management positions that are Nigerian Nationals and the percentage of the Company total workforce (direct and in-direct employees) that are Nigerians
- Submit a plan on how it intends to provide Human Capacity Development and Personnel Training
- Provide evidence of application for Nigerian Content Equipment Certificate (NCEC) issued by Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (in respect of any components, spares, equipment, systems and packages to be used on the project
- Tenderers failure to comply with the NOGICD Act or demonstrate commitment to Nigerian Content development will result in Tenderers disqualification.
19th March, 2014
Please note that
- Only Tenderers who are registered with NJQS Product categories: 40207, 40307 and 40407 (Terminal/ Oil Movement Systems) shall be invited to submit Technical Bids.
- Interested suppliers must be prequalified for this product/service category in NJQS.
- Full tendering procedure will be provided only to contractors that have been successfully prequalified in NJQS.
- This advertisement shall neither be construed as an Invitation to Tender (ITT) nor a commitment on the part of MPN to award a contract to any supplier and/or associated companies, sub-contractors or agents.
- This advertisement shall not entitle prequalified companies to make any claims whatsoever, and/or seek any indemnity from MPN and/or its partners by virtue of such companies having been prequalified in NJQS.
- All costs incurred in registering and prequalifying for this and other product/service categories in NJQS shall be borne solely by suppliers.
- Suppliers that are prequalified for this product/service category in NJQS must ensure that the name and contact details (physical address, email address and telephone number) of their company and authorized/responsible personnel is up-to-date in their company profile in the NJQS database.
- MPN shall communicate only with the authorized/responsible personnel of prequalified companies and not through unauthorized individuals or agents.
- Please visit the NipeX Portal at www.nipexng.com for this Advert and other information