Nigeria has adopted the use of LLINs as an intervention for malaria vector control in the country as part of the Integrated Vector Management Strategy So far over 57 million LLINs have been distributed in country through mass campaigns between 2009 and 2013. Sokoto State is one of the beneficiaries of the ongoing replacement campaign in the country which started in the last quarter of 2013.
Request for Expression of Interest (EOI) For the Engagement of a Firm for Sokoto State Long Lasting Insecticidal Nets (LLINs) Post Campaign Behavioral Change Communication (BBC) Activities Implementation
Despite the large number of LLINs so far distributed, use still remains unacceptably low. To curb this menace and increase the use of LLINs in the Country, the guidelines for LLINs replacement campaign has been developed taking into consideration best practices to ensure LLINs use at the Household level improves.
The best practices include robust BCC post campaign activities that will be implemented alter each of the LLINs replacement campaigns in the affected States, with Sokoto State as the first,
The National Malaria Elimination Programme, Federal Ministry of Health is therefore calling for expression of interest from competent Firms/Non Governmental Organization to provide post LLINs campaign BCC services in Sokoto State.
Scope of Work
The scope of work entails the following activities:
- Adaptation of the Community Capacity Enhancement handbook for use in LLINs acquisition, hanging, use and maintenance in malaria prevention Initial skills-building workshop to field-test the adapted document;
- Roll-out of skills-building workshops after finalization and adoption of the handbook
- Support community activities towards promotion and patronage on continuous LLINs distribution the assignment will cover All of 23 LGAs in Sokoto State. All the training activities will be LGA specific.
- To provide technical support for assessment visit and planning meeting
- In collaboration with LGAs, carry out stakeholders meeting for post campaign BCC planning with the community coordinator
- To provide technical support for the development and field testing of adapted community materials to develop of community data collection tools
- To facilitate training workshop and implementation using CCE/CC methodology for LLINs hanging and use and maintenance in malaria prevention
- To provide technical support for community sensitization and awareness creation on LLINs hanging, usage and maintenance in Sokoto State
- To support IPC for promotion of LLINs hanging and use using community volunteers
- To support community dialogue for promotion LLIN hanging and use
- To provide periodic update of the implementation of the post campaign activities on monthly basis to state;
- In collaboration with the NMEP carry assessment of the impact of the post campaign interventions on LLINs hanging and use
- To document lessons learnt and share with state and partners
- To write a final report of activities implemented during the post campaign activities;
- A corporate organization or NGO
- Experience in implementation of health and community related BCC activities
- Relevant requisite skill in the planning and implementation of grass root mobilization activities with focus on health interventions.
- Proven experience in managing complex public health programs or projects in Nigeria or similar developing country context
- Previous experience in the overall planning and execution of large scale health campaigns Possession of crop of personnel with proven technical abilities in team building and training skills Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired
- The duration of the project will be from March 2014-January 2015.
The bidder is expected to submit the following documents:
- A concise brochure/brief presentation of your company stating organizational capacity to perform the specific tasks and activities above;
- Certificate/evidence of incorporation of your firm in Nigeria/Registration as an NG0.
- CVs detailing the skills, and professional qualifications of proposed experts who must be available to execute the assignment;
- Reference list demonstrating experience with similar assignments especially in Donor Funded Projects Contact information (name address, email address);
- Clear evidence of presence in Northern Nigeria especially Sokoto State Audited Company account for the past three years;
- Tax clearance and VAT with evidence of remittances for the past three years;
- Evidence of PENCOM registration and contribution
Closing date: 3rd March, 2014
The EOI and the accompanying documents should be packaged in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the top right hand corner “Expression of Interest Sokoto State post campaign BCC”, and submitted to the office of:
The National Coordinator
National Malaria Elimination Programme (NMEP), FMoH
1st Floor Abia House,
Central Business District,
Please note that
- Selection of the most qualified Firm will be based on Consultants Qualification
- Interested bidders may obtain detailed Terms of Reference from the NMEP website: http://www.nmcp.gov.ng