The Federal Government of Nigeria plans to obtain a loan from Agence Francaise de Development (AFD) to expand the power infrastructure in Abuja, Federal Capital Territory (FCT) through the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for the Management and Supervision of the Projects.
Request for Expression of Interest for the Abuja Transmission Projects: Engagement of Consultant for Project Management & Supervision
Description of the project:
330kV Line: New Apo substation (SS)-Wamba (on Makurdi-Jos 330 kV Transmission line-165km
132kV HV lines around Abuja:
- Old Apo 58-New Apo SS (8km)
- Kuje SS-New Apo SS (62km)
- West Main SS-Kuje SS (50km)
330/132/33kVand 132/33kV substations:
- 330/132/33 kV New Apo 58
- 330/132/33kV West Main SS
- 132/33kV KujeSS
- 132/33kV Old Apo SS extension
Indicative scheme - This scheme covers inner Abuja power master plan comprising indicatively at this stage:
- Katampe SS—Gwarinpa SS (11km)
- New Apo 58— Wumba/Lokogoma 55 (5.3km) and two related 132/33kV substations:
- Gwarinpa SS
- Wumba/Lokogoma SS
Description of Services
The requested Consultancy in addition to the management & supervision above will include support to TCN on the review of bidding documents, evaluation of bids and negotiation of contracts. It also includes the supervision of the Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMP).
Transmission Company of Nigeria Plc now invites eligible consulting firms to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested consulting firms must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services.
Submission of Documents
- Evidence of company registration in Nigeria (forms C02 and C07 must be attached) or overseas.
- Comprehensive company profile:
- Populated organizational structure, and key professional staff with relevant experience;
- Availability of requisite and appropriate skills among key staff and persons to be engaged in the project (Pease attach certified curriculum vitae of key staff);
- Record of quality assurance/quality management system to be implemented;
- Evidence of having successfully carried out at least two (2) similar supervision contracts for similar works within the past ten years and/or details of on-going projects; Experience in supervision consultancy including the supervision of ESMP would be an advantage.
- When a company is in Joint Venture (JV), Partnership or Consortium agreement, the role of each partner must be clearly defined in the JV agreement. Additionally, the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) must specify the lead partner. Evidence of such a relationship must be signed by the Chief Executives/Partners. A copy of the firm legal relationship must be attached.
Two hard copies of completed pre-qualification documents should be submitted in sealed envelopes and clearly marked: Application For: Abuja Transmission Projects: Engagement of Consultant for Project Management & Supervision. Also to be included in the envelope is the soft copy of the documents, Delivered by hand or mail to:
The General Manager (Procurement) TCN,
Transmission Company of Nigeria Plc
Corporate Headquarters, Room 228
Plot 14 Zambezi Crescent,
Closing date: 28th March, 2014
Please note that:
- Pre-Qualification is free,
- Candidates will be pre-selected on the basis of the expression of interest received and to whom the Request for Proposal to perform the services shall be sent.
- The name and mailing address of the Applicant Company shall be clearly marked on the envelope(s). All the information requested for pre-qualification shall be provided in English Language by all applicants.
- Failure to provide information/supporting document or to provide timely clarification/substantiation of the information supplied may result in disqualification of the Applicant.
- Submission must be submitted before the closing date.
- For further information and/or clarification, please contact the following e-mails: firstname.lastname@example.org Or email@example.com