National Inland Waterways Authority
Invitation for Submission of Technical and Financial Bids on Works and Goods appropriated in Year 2012 Budget
The National Inland Waterways Authority (NIWA), a Parastatal under the Federal Ministry of Transport with Headquarters at Lokoja, Kogi State invites reputable and qualified Contractors with relevant experience to prequalify/tender for the following projects:
A. Construction of Inland River Port, Makurdi, Benue State
Scope of Work:
Construction of Quay retaining wall, Port buildings, Land reclamation, access road, external works, e.t.c
B. Construction of Uwana Jetty on the Cross-River, Ebonyi State
Scope of Work:
Construction of Jetty Platform, Jetty Buildings, Land reclamation, external works, e.t.c
. Procurement / Supply of 1No. Fast Moving 40-45 Passenger Water Bus
Supply and Commissioning of 40-45 Seater Fast Moving Passenger Ferry with full option and Maintenance spare parts, Safety, Navigational and Communication Equipment, Entertainment on board including convenience.
3. Collection of Bid Document
Experienced, Registered and well qualified contractors are hereby invited to collect the questionnaires/Tender document from Procurement Unit of National Inland Waterways Authority (NIWA), Lokoja upon tendering evidence of payment of Non-refundable processing fee of N50,000,00 for item A and N25,000.00 for items B & C above through Bank draft payable to National Inland Waterways Authority, Lokoja.
4. Technical (Pre-Qualification) Requirements
Each contractor is expected to submit the following mandatory documents:
- Evidence of Registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) and Articles of Memorandum of Association
- Evidence of Corporate Registration with COREN
- Detailed Company profile indicating office Address/location, names and Technical qualification(s) and experience(s) of key personnel
- Evidence of company’s current Tax Clearance Certificate for the Last 3 years
- Company Audited Account for the Last 3 years from a Chartered Accounting Firm;
- Evidence of VAT Registration and Remittance in the last 3 years
- Evidence of professional competence e.g COREN, NSE etc, Registration of Technical staff
- Evidence of compliance with Pension Reform Act, 2004 and Evidence of contributions on behalf of employees.
- Evidence of compliance with ITF Amended Act, 2011
- Evidence of financial capability to Handle the job and job support/current Reference letter from a reputable Bank
- List of verifiable documentary evidence of similar jobs successfully executed within the last three (3) years (copies of letters of Award, completion certificates and interim payment certificate) should be attached.
- Sworn Affidavit in line with the Provisions of Part IV, Section 16, Sub Section 6 (e-f) of the public Procurement Act, 2007.
- All proposal in works procurement must be accompanied by a Bid Security of not more than 2% of the bid price.
- Evidence of Dealership or Manufacturers Authorisation where applicable.
Completed Pre-qualification and Financial Bid documents should be written in English Language, signed, sealed and marked “CONFIDENTIAL” and packaged separately and placed together in one larger envelope. Each envelope should be clearly marked accordingly to indicate Pre-qualification and Financial Bid with “Project Title and addressed to:
The Managing Director
National Inland Waterways Authority,
5. Closing Date
The documents be submitted not later than 10th Oct., 2012 into a specially made box marked “Tender Box” at the NIWA Headquarters, Lokoja by 12.00 noon
6. Opening of Tender Documents
(I) All Technical Proposals shall be opened on Wednesday 10th Oct., 2012 in the presence of Contractors or their Representatives by 2.00pm at the conference hall of NIWA Headquarters, Lokoja.
(ii) Only Pre-qualified applicants will be invited for the Financial bids opening.
(a) Late submission shall be rejected
(b) NIWA will not be liable for any cost on the part of the Tenderer
(c) Due Diligence would be followed as all documented claims by all contractors must be verified.