Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria
Expression of Interest in Respect of FAAN’S Insurance Policies for Year 2013
In compliance with the Public Procurement Act 2007, the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) intends to invite bids for 2013 Insurance year under its 2012 financial year (IGR) budget.
Consequently, the Authority wishes to invite competent and reputable Insurance Companies to submit Expression of Interest (EOI) in the Authority s Insurance Policies as stated below:
B. Insurance Categories
Lot 1 Lead Insurance Underwriters
Lot 2 Co-Insurance Underwriters
Lot 3 Lead Life Insurance Underwriters
Lot 4 Co-Life Insurance Underwriters
C. Scope of Insurance policies
The scope of Insurance shall include the following:
Airport Owners and Operators Liability.
Industrial All Risk Liability:
- Fire/Extraneous Peril Insurance
- Money Insurance
- Plant All Risk Insurance
Private Motor Insurance.
Vehicle (Own Goods) Insurance.
- Vehicle (Private Bus) Insurance.
- Vehicle (Special Type) insurance
Motor Cycle Insurance
Professional Indemnity Insurance
D. Tender Requirements
- Group Life Insurance
- Group Personal Accident Insurance
All interested Companies are required to submit the following:
a) For Lead Insurance and Co-Insurance Underwriter.
- Evidence of being an Insurance Company operating for a minimum of ten (10) years.
- Evidence of having successfully carried out similar activity.
b) For life Insurance Underwriters, evidence of being a life Insurance Company for a minimum often (10) years.
E. Other Documents that must be Submitted Along with the Tender.
F. Submission of Documents
- Evidence of Company Registration/ Certificate of incorporation of the company.
- Certified true copy of memorandum and article of association with CAC forms CACO2 & CACO7 inclusive (where applicable).
- Evidence of tax payments (Current Tax Clearance Certificate) for the last three years.
- VAT registration and evidence of remittance.
- Certificate of compliance to pay pension from PENCOM and evidence of remittances.
- A certified true copy of the company’s current operating licence by NAICOM.
- Have a verifiable location address in Nigeria.
- Company’s profile including major clients handled in the last three (3) years and the CV’S of the key Management staff.
- Evidence of Company’s publish Annual Report and Accounts with the evidence ofunqualified auditor’s opinion for the year 2009, 2010 and 2011 respectively.
- A statement signed by the Company’s MD/Chief Executive Officer that the Company settles and will settle all genuine claims promptly.
- Evidence of having met consolidation requirement.
- Evidence of financial capability to execute the project (Bank Reference Latter/Bank guarantee will farm part of the evaluation criteria).
- Verifiable evidence of similar projects successfully completed / on-going (e.g. Letter of Award and Payment Certificate).
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing as follows:
- That all documents submitted are not only genuine but correct.
- That the Director(s) has /have never been convicted by any court of law.
- That none of firm’s Director or the company is bankrupt.
- Whether or not any of the officers of FAAN or BPP is a former or present Director of the Company.
Closing and Opening of Submissions
- The documents are to be submitted in four (4) copies in A4 paper size and neatly bound.
- The document should be arranged in the order listed in E above and clearly separated by dividers.
- The documents must be sealed in an envelope and Name of the Tender /Lot clearly written at the top left corner of the envelope.
- All documents must be submitted to the office of "The General Manager (Procurement)", FAAN Headquarters, lkeja - Lagos.
Submission offender document shall close at exactly 11.30 am on the 24th September, 2012. All submissions will be opened on the same day at 12 noon in FAAN Headquarters, Commercial Conference Room, Ikeja, Lagos.
- FAAN reserves the right to verify the authenticity of any claims made on the tender documents submitted by companies.
- Failure to comply with the instruction(s) and provide any required document(s) may automatically result in disqualification.
- FAAN reserves the right to reject any or all the tender documents.
- Original of all documents above must be produced for sighting at any time requested.
- Tender documents submitted late shall be rejected.
- All submissions must be in English language.
- This advert shall not be construed to be a commitment on the part of FAAN, nor shall it entail the Applicant to make any claim(s) whatsoever and! or seek any indemnity from FAAN, by virtue of such applicant having responded to this publication.