The Federal and States Governments of Nigeria have invested in the construction of ten thermal power stations as part of the National Integrated Power Project. The Niger Delta Power Holding Company Limited (NDPHC) is the Special purpose vehicle established to own the assets.
The Board of Directors of NDPHC, acting on behalf of the owners, has approved the involvement of the private sector in the operation and eventual ownership of the power stations in order to ensure that they are managed in accordance with best international business practices. To this end, NDPHC has engaged a transaction advisor to recommend and implement a sale/concession framework.
Individual units of the power stations are already being put into service.
9 units (1,125MW) out of a total of 39 units (4,776MW) have already been synchronized to the national grid. Additional units are being synchronized to the national grid.
NDPHC invites experienced and competent companies to submit
expressions of interest for the supply of fuel gas to the following power stations on a negotiated gas purchase and supply basis:
Lot A — lhovbor, Edo State 451MW Power station — 4 x GE Frame 9E Gas Turbines — 120mmscf/d gas supply.
Lot B — Omotosho, Ondo State 451MW Power station — 4 x GE Frame 9E Gas Turbines — l20mmscf/d gas supply.
Lot C — Olorunsogo, Ogun State 750MW Power station — 4 x GE Frame 9E Gas Turbines + 2 x Steam Turbine — 60mmscf/d out of total requirement of 120mmscf/d gas supply.
Lot D — Sapele, Delta State 451MW Power station — 4 x GE Frame 9E Gas Turbines — 90mmscf/d out of total requirement of l20mmscf/d gas supply.
Lot E — Geregu, Kogi State 434 MW Power Station - 3 x Siemens V94.2 Gas Turbines — 105mmscf/d gas supply.
Lot F — Egbema, Imo State 338 MW Power Station - 3 x GE Frame 9E Gas Turbines — 90mmscf/d gas supply.
Lot G — Gbarain, Bayelsa State 225 MW Power Station —2 x GE Frame 9E Gas Turbines — 60mmscf/d gas supply.
Lot H — Omoku, Rivers State 225MW Power Station —2 x GE Frame 9E Gas Turbines — 60mmscf/d gas supply.
Lot I — Calabar, Cross River State 561MW Power Station —5 GE Frame 9E Gas Turbines — 150mmscf/d gas supply.
Lot J — Alaoji , Abia State 1074MW Power Station —4 x GE Frame 9E Gas Turbines with 2 x GE Steam Turbines 140mmscf/d gas supply.
Expression of interest from eligible firms should include the following information as basis for pre-qualification:
- Profile of the firms including ownership structure;
- Details of similar transactions executed in/under execution in the reference sector industry and other relevant sectors valued not less than 250 million US dollars or equivalent;
- Annual reports and Audited Accounts for last three years With evidence of financial strength to develop the gas resource and delivery infrastructure;
- Three years Tax Clearance Certificate 2009-2011 (for Nigerian flrms) or equivalent in Home Country (for Foreign firms) conforming with turnover figures declared in Audited Accounts;
- Evidence of alliance/partnership/joint venture between firms and the consortium of professionals clearly indicating who the lead partner is between the parties;
- Evidence of compliance with the provisions of Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria Act No. 6, 2011 and Amended Industrial Training Fund Act 2011 or similar laws of the country of origin;
- Evidence of registration with CAC/Business name (for Nigeria firms) or equivalent registration in Home country (Foreign firms);
- Statement of relevant experience including confirmation of access to a target gas reserve or gas source, and/or confirmation of partnership with an OPL/OML holder. Details of the available gas and early supply shall be an advantage.
- All claims made in the Expression of Interest must be substantiated and verifiable.
Submission Of Documents:
Upon receipt of Expressions of interest, the applicants will be evaluated. Thereafter, pre-qualified applicants will be issued Request for Proposal (RFP) with a non-refundable fee of N250,000.00 per Lot.
Only pre-qualifled applicants will be contacted.
No submissions outside the stipulated time would be considered no matter the circumstance.
This is not an invitation to tender/bid.
The submissions will be made purely at the expense of the applicants. The NDPHC/NIPP shall not be responsible for any payment on this submission. NDPHC/NIPP is not obliged under any conditions to engage the services of any of the applicants.
One original plus five copies (and a softcopy on CD ROM) of the Expression of Interest must be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked
Request for Expression For Expression Of Interest For Gas Supply To Selected NIPP Power Stations - Lot A/B/C/D/E/F/G/H/I/ Or J.
The Expressions of Interest should be delivered and placed in the Tender Box bearing similarly worded markings not later than 13.00hrs on or before Monday, September 3rd, 2012 to:
The Managing Director
Niger Delta Power Holding Company Limited,
17 Nile Street, Maitama District
Abuja, Federal Capital Territory
For further information contact NDPHC at above from 10.00 to 16.00, Mondays through Fridays (except public holidays) or send an e-mail requiry to email@example.com.
NDPHC shall deal directly with only authorized officers of the companies and NOT agents.