Invitation for Pre-Qualification for the Procurement of Aviation Related Books, Periodicals and Journals, for the FAAN Library for Capacity Building of Staffs and Stakeholders in Aviation Industry
In compliance with the Public Procurement Act 2007 the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) hereby invites competent and reputable companies/contractors to submit Pre-Qualification bid documents for the procurement of aviation related books, periodicals and journals, for the FAAN Library for capacity building of staff and stakeholders in Aviation Industry, under its 2012 financial year (IGR) budget.
Procurement of aviation related books, periodicals and journals, for the FAAN Library for capacity building of staff and stakeholders in Aviation Industry.
The scope of the project shall include the following;
D. Documents that must be Submitted Along with the Completed Tender
- Setting up of a standard modern library that will meet the requirements of the Aviation Industry. Provision of library infrastructures that would allow for adequate storage and stacking of books, journals and periodicals for capacity building of staff and stakeholders.
- Developing efficient library structure that would make reading and research conducive for the stakeholders.
- To develop an accredited sourcing of aviation materials that would keep the library with up to date information in the Aviation world, including E-Library services.
- To procure related Operational Regulation books, Management books, Financial books, Legal books. Encyclopaedia Latest Editions, Engineering books (Electrical/ Electronics, Mechanical, Civil and water), Historical books. Marketing books, Airport design & Engineering books. Procurement books, Architectural & Survey books, Aviation Medical related books. ICT books, Aviation Journals and Periodicals on Airports, etc.
- To develop library system embedded with security control.
E. Submission of Documents
- Evidence of Company Registration/ Certificate of incorporation of the company.
- Certified true copy of memorandum and article of association with CAC forms CAC02 & CAC07 inclusive (where applicable).
- Evidence of tax payments (Current Tax Clearance Certificate) for the last three years.
- VAT registration and evidence of remittance.
- Certificate of compliance to pay pension from PENCOM and evidence of remittances.
- Evidence of financial capability to execute the project (Bank Reference Letter/Bank guarantee will form part of the evaluation criteria).
- Copies of the audited account of the company for the last three years.
- Verifiable evidence of similar works successfully completed / on-going (e.g. Letter of Award, Certificate of completion, Contract Agreement and Payment Certificate).
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing as follows:
- That all documents submitted are not only genuine but correct.
- That the Director(s) has/have never been, convicted by any court of law.
- That none of firm’s Director or the company is bankrupt.
- Whether or not any of the officers of FAAN or BPP is former or present Director of the Company.
The envelope shall:
- The documents are to he submitted in four (4) copies in A4 paper size and neatly bound. The document should be arranged in the order listed under D above and clearly separated by dividers.
- The original Technical Proposal should be enclosed in one (1) envelope and three (3) copies in another envelope, duly marking the envelopes as “ORIGINAL” and ‘COPY”. These two (2) envelopes shall then be enclosed in one (1) single outer envelope, duly marked TECHNICAL PROPOSAL”.
a. Bear the name and address of the Tenderer.
b. Be addressed to the General Manager (Procurement), FAAN Headquarters, Ikeja - Lagos.
F. Closing and Opening of Submissions.
- If all envelopes are not sealed and marked as stated above, the Employer will assume no responsibility for the misplacement or premature opening of the Tender.
- All documents must be submitted to the office of “The General Manager (Procurement)”, FAAN Headquarters, Ikeja Lagos.
Submission of tender document shall close at exactly 11.30 am on the 08th October, 2012. All submissions will be opened on the same day at 12 noon in FAAN Headquarters. Commercial Conference Room, lkeja, Lagos.
G. Important Information
- FAAN reserves the right to verify the authenticity of any claims made on the tender documents submitted by companies.
- Failure to comply with the instruction(s) and provide any required document(s) may automatically result in disqualification.
- FAAN reserves the right to reject any or all the tender documents.
- Original of all documents above must be produced for sighting at the opening and any other time requested.
- Tender documents submitted late shall be rejected.
- All submissions must be in English language.
This advert shall not be construed to be a commitment on the part of FAAN nor shall it entail the Applicant to make any claim(s) whatsoever and/ or seek any indemnity from FAAN, by virtue of such applicant having responded to this publication.