Invitation to Tender for General maintenance Repairs of Some Federal Roads Nationwide, Construction of FERMA State Field HQ Offices and Gantry Roads Signs Under the 2012 Appropriation
The Federal Roads Maintenance Agency (FERMA) is desirous of carrying out General Maintenance Repairs of some Federal Roads Nationwide, construction of additional State Field Headquarters Offices and Gantry Road Signs. To this effect, suitably qualified Contractors are invited to tender for GENERAL MAINTENANCE REPAIRS OF SOME FEDERAL ROADS NATIONWIDE CONSTRUCTION OF FERMA STATE FIELD HQ OFFICES AND CONSTRUCTION OF GANTRY ROAD SIGNS.
A. General maintenance Repairs
Scope of Works
The Scope of works includes, but is not limited to:
Shoulder clearance, desilting of existing drains and culverts, construction cf new drains and culvert, scarification of failed sections, earth work on completely failed areas, general bridge maintenance, protective works, kerbs, laterite/cement stabilized sub base, crushed stone base course, asphaltic concrete binder and wearing courses, surface dressing, side drains, road markings and other road furniture.
List of Projects
Package No. / Lot No. / Project Title / State / Contract No.
3 1 General Maintenance and Strengthening(Overlay) of Makwa-Bida Road, Route 55 in Niger State Niger GM 1257
3 2 General Maintenance of Iiorin-Omuaran-Egbe Road, Route 45(A123) in kwara State Kwara GM 1258
3 3 General Maintenance of Suleja-Buari-Law school Road in FCT FCT GM 1259
3 4 General repairs of Akwanga- Keffi Road, Route 55 in Nasarawa State Nasarawa GM 1260
3 5 General Maintenance Repairs and Pavement Strengthening(Overlay) of BIU-Damboa Road, Route 90(A4) in Borno State Borno GM 1261
3 6 General Repairs and Pavement Strengthening(Overlay) of Umuahia-Ariam-Ikot Ekpene Road,Route 434 in Abia in Abia/Akwa-Ibom State Abia/Akwa-Ibom GM 1262
3 7 General Repairs and Pavement Strengthening(Overlay) of Owerri Orlu- Akokwa- Awka road, Route 414 Imo/ Anambra GM 1263
3 8 General maintenance Repairs of Yenagoa- imiringi- oloibiri Road. Route 403 in Bayelsa State Bayelsa GM 1264
3 9 General Repairs and Pavement Strengthening of Ogoja- Obudu Road, Route F120 in Cross Rivers State Cross Rivers GM 1265
3 10 General Maintenance Repairs of Benin Bye Pass Road in Edo State. Edo GM 1266
3 11 General Maintenance Repairs of Auchi – Ekperi- Agenebode Road, Road 549(F117) in Edo state Edo GM 1267
3 12 General Repairs and Pavement Strengthening (Overlay) of Ijora Causeway. Route A151 in Lagos State Lagos GM 1268
3 13 General Maintenance Repairs of Toll Gate- Ojoo Dual carriageway, Route 20A in Oyo State Oyo GM 1269
3 14 General Maintenance of Gasau- mainchi – Farin Ruwa Bridge in Zamfara State. Zamfara GM 1270
3 15 General Maintenance of Warji- Gwaram Road in Bauchi/ Jigawa State Bauchi/ Jigawa GM 1271
3 16 General Maintenance of Ogbomosho- Ikoyi Igbeti Road, Route 518 in Oyo State Oyo GM 1272
3 17 General Maintenance of Nkwo – Orji – Orie Mbieri Road in Mbaitolu L. G. A of Imo State Imo GM 1273
3 18 General Maintenance of Nkwo- ngwulangwu – Okposi Road in Ebonyi State Ebonyi GM 1274
3 19 General Maintenance of NTA Transmitting Station Road, Enugu State Enugu GM 1275
3 20 General Maintenance of Lafiagi (Gbugu Junction) - Pategi Road, Kwara North, Route 565 (F124) in
Kwara State, Kwara GM 1276
3 21 General Maintenance of Yandotan - Daji - Doka -- Yanwere - Katsina State Border Road. Route 269 in Zamfara State Zamfara GM 1277
3 22 Improvement and Expansion of Hadejia Road in Kano State Kano GM 1278
3 23 General Maintenance of MCC – Ogruta-Japan Rood, Enugu state Enugu GM 1279
3 24 General Maintenance of Roads within Mushin LGA in Lagos State Lagos GM 1280
3 25 General Maintenance of Roads within Enugu North Senatorial District of Enugu State Enugu GM 1281
3 26 Rehabilitation and Maintenance of Roads within Enugu West Senatorial District Enugu GM 1282
3 27 Maintenance Repairs of Roads in Enugu North and Enugu South LGA, Enugu GM 1283
3 28 General Maintenance at Emene - Nkwubor - Ugwu Omu - Odobido road in Enugu Enugu GM 1284
3 29 General Maintenance of Zaria- Old Kano road with spur to Kudan Kaduna GM 1285
3 30 General Maintenance Repairs of Bauchi State Border Potiskum Road, Route A3(95) in Yobe State Yobe GM 1286
3 31 Umuahia Road to Umuopara - Nguru - Ibeku – Umuhu – Ivuru(Spur) in Abia Abia GM 1287
B. Construction of FERMA State Field HQ Offices
Scope of Works
The Scope of works includes, but is nat limited to:
Construction of One-Storey office block, a ware-house, generator house and a gate house with high quality aluminium sliding windows with purpose made burglar proofing, aluminium swing doors, steel doors and solid core doors, suspended ceiling tiles on aluminium grids, high quality sand coated roof covering fixed to Structural steel members and a fence wall with sandcrete block walls.
The External Works include a Borehole Steel water storage Tank and landscaping.
List of Projects
Package No. / Lot No. / Project Description
4 ES-7 Construction at State Field Headquarters in Enugu State
4 ES- 8 Construction at State Field Headquarters in Delta State
4 ES- 9 Construction at State Field Headquarters in Bayelsa State
4 ES- 10 Construction at State Field Headquarters in kaduna State
4 ES-11 Fencing of Vehicle Parks at Umabor- Eha - Almona along 9th Mile Obollo Afor Road (RHS)
4 ES-12 Fencing of Vehicle Parks at Umabor- Eha - Almona along 9th Mile Obollo Afor Road (LHS)
C. Construction of Gantry Signs
Package No. / Lot No. / Project Description
4 ES-13 Construction of 14 no. Gantry Road Signs along Abuja- Kaduna- Kano Dual Carriageway
Condition to Tender
Collection of tender Documents
- Evidence of registration with CAC, as an Engineering contractor. Tax Clearance certificate for the last 3 years
- Evidence of PENCOM Registration and remittances
- VAT registration
- Equipment and technology capacity
- Verifiable list of previous similar Works successfully carried out within the last three years with names of client, evidence of award and practical completion.
- Company profile including among others, Copy of Memorandum and Article of Association, organizational structure and key professional staff with their names, and telephone numbers atleast one of which must be a COREN registered Engineer
- Audited annual financial report of the company for the last three years
- Evidence of financial strength credit worthiness to the tune of not less than N24m/ bank reference in addition to evidence or a turnover of at least N100m in the last three years
- A sworn affidavit indicating that all document submitted are genuine and verifiable
- A sworn affidavit that none of the directors have been convicted of any criminal offence in any country including financial impropriety.
Interested Bidders are to make payment of a non refundable sum of Twenty Five Thousand Naira (N25,000.00 )only in bank draft per Lot in favour of Federal Roads Maintenance Agency payable in Abuja and which must have been converted to a receipt at Revenue Office, Accounts Department, Ground Floor of the FERMA Headquarters.
Bidders are to collect Bidding documents after. showing original and Photostat copies of payment receipt between the hours of 10.00am and 400pm, Mondays to Fridays on or before 12 noon of 9th October, 2012 from:
The Assistant General Manager (Procurement)
Federal Roads Maintenance Agency (FERMA)
Headquarters Annex Abuja:
No. 7 Eldoret Close. Off Aminu Kano Crescent.
Ground Floor, Room GF 003
Submission/ Opening of Tender Documents
interested firms are to submit their bids per Lot in one envelope, sealed and clearly marked on the top left hand corner “CONFIDENTIAL” and top right hand corner “TENDER FOR (indicate Lot/Project Title/State/Contract No) - “ clearly marked “Original” at the bottom right hand corner and addressed to:
The managing Director
Federal Road Maintenence Agency
Plot 163, Aminu Kano Crescent,
Wuse II, Abuja.
Tender documents are to be hand delivered not later than 2 noon on 9th October, 2012 to the Office of the Assistant General Manager (Procurement FERMA Headquarters Annex Abuja. No.7 Eldoret Close, Off Aminu Kano Crescent, Wuse II, Abuja. Ground Floor, Room GF 003. (Include 1 copy clearly marked “Copy" at the bottom right hand corner).
All Bids will be publicly opened immediately at the close of bid submission at the Rockview Royale Hotel, Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent. Wuse II, Abuja.
The Representatives of Companies that submitted bids, Representatives of Professional
Bodies and the Civil Societies are invited to witness the opening.
Please note that:
- All works attract 2% bid security clearly attached to front of submitted bid document.
- Bidders are not restricted to only one lot.
- The Construction works may not attract advance payment.
- Construction works attract a minimum guarantee period of six (6) months.
- Contractors who have worked for the Agency and have history of abandonment, termination and/or lack capacity need not apply.
- No Bidder is to write the Company name on any of the envelopes.
- Only correctly addressed bids will be received.
- The Agency will not enter into unnecessary correspondence with any Contractor except when deemed fit and in the interest of the bid,
- All costs incurred by cry Company in respect of this advertisement are other own expense and the Agency shall not entertain any claim whatsoever in this regard.
- The Agency reserves the right to verify any claim made by any of the Bidders.
- Late submission of bids will be rejected.
- The Agency is not bound to patronize any bidder and reserves the right to annul the selection process when unforeseen and justifiable developments warrant such action without incurring any liability and assigning any reasons thereof.
Non adherence to any of the instructions above attracts automatic disqualification