Pre-Qualification to Tender for the Procurement of Projects in the 2012 Capital Appropriation Budget
The Federal University of Technology, Owerri, hereby invites bids for pre-qualification and tender for the procurement of the following projects in the 2012 capital Appropriation Budget.
- Procurement of Teaching and Research Equipment
- Furnishing of Directorate of General Studies Building.
- Furnishing of child/Day care Centre.
- Landscaping of the School of Health Technology.
Tenderers could access more information from the Physical Planning and Development unit of the University from 8.am to 4pm daily from the date of this advertisement.
Tender Conditions and Procedure
i. All interested tenderers must be registered with the Federal University of Technology, Owerri as contractors in category D and are required to pay a non-refundable pre-qualification fee of N30,000.00 (Thirty Thousand Naira only) to the cash office, Bursary Department, Federal University of Technology, Owerri,
ii. All tenders must:
- State clearly relevant personnel to execute the job with their curriculum vitae and photocopies of their certificates included.
- State relevant equipment, for the execution of the job and include receipt of purchase or lease hold agreement.
- Provide evidence of jobs of similar character and scope executed as well as letters of contract award/completion certificates, etc.
- Include copies of current tax clearance certificates.
- Include evidence of financial capacity to successfully execute the job by way of Attestation from a reputable bank.
- Be ready to appear before the University Management for an interview as part of the contract award procedure.
- Be ready to show the University the companys Head Office and site for claimed completed jobs
- Furnish traceable contact address(es), Phone number(s) and email(s).
- The bills of quantities and other contract documents will be given only to the tenderers that pass the technical pre-qualification exercise.
- No tenderer will be allowed to tender for more than one of the approved jobs.All applications for pre-qualification must be returned in wax-sealed envelopes and marked on the left hand corner with the title “2012 Capital Appropriation Budget Projects” and addressed to the Registrar/Secretary, University Tenders Board, Federal University of Technology, Owerri.
The submission of pre-qualification on bids will close by 11:00 noon at 29th September, 2012.
Thereafter, the bids will be opened on the same day by 1:00pm 29th September, 2012 in the presence of all interested bidders who are encourages to attend personally but could also send their accredited representatives.