Provision of Construction all Risk Insurance Coverage on: Satellite Fields Development Phase 2 Project (SFD2) Asabo Restoration( Stage 2) Project
Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPN), operator of NNPC/MPN Joint Venture plans to engage reputable Nigeria registered Insurance Companies for the provision of Construction All Risk (CAR) Insurance coverage for the insurance of the Satellites Fields Development Phase 2 and the Asabo Restoration (Stage 2) projects.
2. Scope of Work
The scope of work includes, but is not limited to CAR Insurance coverage for:
- The Satellites Fields Development Phase 2 Project and
- Asabo Restoration (Stage 2) Project
To cover physical loss or damage to the project, including third party liability risks, ocean marine and inland transit risks.
Interested Insurers must be able to:
3. Mandatory Requirements
- Retain a percentage of the risk in Nigeria and re-insure the excess capacity with leading foreign underwriters.
- Handle claims services, policy documentation, renewals, endorsements.
4. Nigerian Content
- To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested Insurers are required to be pre-qualified in the Non-Life Insurance Product Group 31432 category in NipeX Joint Qualification Scheme (NJQS) database. All successfully pre-qualified suppliers in this category will receive Invitation to Technical Tender (ITT).
- To determine if you are pre-qualified and view the product/service category you are listed for: Open www.nipexng.com and access NJQS with your log-in details, click on continue Joint Qualification Scheme tool, click check my supplier status and then click supplier product group.
- If you are not listed in a product/service category you are registered with DPR to do business, contact NipeX office at 30, Oyinkan Abayomi Street, Ikoyi, Lagos with your DPR certificate as evidence for verification and necessary update.
- To initiate the JQS pre-qualification process, access www.nipexng.com to download an application form, make necessary payments and contact NipeX office for further action.
- To be eligible, all tenders must comply with the Nigerian Content requirements in the NipeX system.
- Company is committed to the development of the Nigerian Oil and Gas business in compliance with the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development Act 2010 (NOGICD Act) enacted by the Federal Government of Nigeria in April 2010.
- As from the commencement of this Act, the minimum Nigerian Content in any project, service or product specification to be executed in the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry shall be consistent with the level set in the Schedule to the Act and any other targets as may be directed by the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB).
- The Insured requires their Contractors to comply with the Act, its attached Schedule and any applicable regulation developed by the NCDMB.
Nigerian Content (NC) in the Nigerian oil and gas industry is defined as:
- “The quantum of composite value added to or created in the Nigerian economy by a systematic development of capacity and capabilities through the deliberate utilization of Nigerian human, material resources and services in the Nigerian oil and gas industry.”“Nigerian company" is a company registered in Nigeria in accordance with the provisions of Companies and Allied Matters Act with not less than 51% equity shares by Nigerians.
- Bidders shall consider Nigerian content as an important element of their overall project development and management philosophy for project execution.
As part of their submissions, Tenderers shall:
- Provide a description of its committed infrastructure (asset, equipment, technical office, and administrative space, storage, workshop, assembly area, repair, and maintenance, testing, laboratory, etc) in Nigeria (offices, equipment etc) to support this contract, evidence that a minimum of 50% of all equipment deployed to work by multinational and international companies are owned by the Nigerian subsidiary.
- Demonstrate that its entity is a Nigerian registered company, defined as a company registered in Nigeria in accordance with the provision of Company and Allied Matters Act. Provide details of its Ownership Structure. Submit certified true copies of CAC form (C02 and C07) including Memorandum and Article of Association. For Nigerian company in alliance with a foreign company or multinational, submit evidence of binding agreement of the alliance duly signed by the CEO’s of both parties.
- Submit a plan on how it intends to give first consideration to services provided from within Nigeria, raw materials and manufactured & assembled goods of Nigerian origin, in line with the requirements of the Act. (Where NC target is 100% then service will be restricted to Indigenous Company’s only)
- Demonstrate key Management positions that are Nigerian Nationals and the percentage of the Company total workforce (direct and in-direct employees) that are Nigerians
- Bidders’ failure to comply with the NOGICD Act or demonstrate commitment to Nigerian Content development will result in Bidder’s disqualification.
Only tenderers who are registered with NJQS product category Non-Life Insurance services as at 1 600hrs on Friday, September 14,2012 being the advert close date shall be invited to submit Technical Bids.
- Full tendering procedure will be provided only to contractors that have been successfully pre-qualified in NJQS
- This advertisement shall neither be construed as an Invitation to Tender (ITT) nor a commitment on the part of the Insured to award a contract to any supplier and/or associated companies, sub-contractors or agents
- This advertisement shall not entitle pre-qualified companies to make any claims whatsoever, and/or seek any indemnity from the Insured and/or its partners by virtue of such companies having been pre-qualified in NJQS
- All costs incurred in registering and pre-qualifying for this and other product/service categories in NJQS shall be borne solely by suppliers
- Suppliers that are pre-qualified for this product/service category in NJQS must ensure that the name and contact details (physical address, email address and telephone number) of their company and authorized/responsible personnel is up-to-date in their company profile in the NJQS database
- The insured shall communicate only with the authorized/responsible personnel of pre-qualified companies and not through unauthorized individuals or agents.
Please visit the NipeX Portal at www.nipexng.com
for this advert and other information