The Lagos State Government (LASG) invites competent and reputable international and local consultants either as individuals or firms to indicate interest by submitting EOI documents to tender for the following works:
The Lagos State Wastewater Management Office under the Lagos State Government invites applications for:
Title: Expression of Interest (EOI) for Consultancy Services for the Upgrade and Expansion of four (4) Lagos State Government Owned Wastewater Treatment Plants Located at the Secretariat, Alausa, as well as Abesan, and Oke-Afa Low Cost Housing Estates
- The Lagos State Government (LASG), as part of its efforts to ensure sustainable environment and improved public health in the State, constructed Municipal Wastewater Treatment Plants (WWTP) at Abesan, Oke-Afa and Iponri Low Cost Housing Estates as well as the Secretariat, Alausa . The Four (4) WWTPs, commissioned between 1982 to 1986, are outdated with old electro-mechanical equipment.
- It has been established that the capacities of the four WWTPs built in the 80s are no longer adequate for the management of wastewater in the catchment areas of these plants. Also, the existing treatment technologies at the four WWTPs need to be reviewed by considering contemporary smaller footprint wastewater treatment technologies as applicable in other megacities of the World.
- In line with the Sustainable Development Goals 6 and sustainable environment of 20 pillar of the TH.E.M.ES Agenda, the Lagos State Wastewater Management Office (LSWMO) is planning to increase the access of Lagosians to sustainable sanitation, through contemporary wastewater management system, by upgrading and expanding the existing four WWTPs located at Alausa, Abesan, Oke-Afc and ponri.
- To achieve this, the Lagos State Government (LASG) intends to engage Consultants in wastewater infrastructure development to carryout studies and designs for the proposed project for the Upgrade and expansion of the four (Anos) existing Wastewater Treatment Plants.
- On behalf of the LASG, the Lagos State Wastewater Management Office (LSWMO) hereby invites expression of interest (EOI) from interested International and local consultants either as individual or consortium of firms with the requisite capabilities including cognate and reliable experience, in wastewater management infrastructure development, as well as waste water treatment plant operation and maintenance, to submit qualifications for the purposes of being short-listed to participate in a competitive tender for consultancy services on the proposed upgrade and expansion of the existing four(4) Lagos State Government Owned WWTPS at the Alausa, Abesan, Oke-Afa and Iponri.
The scope of the consultancy services project will include but not limited to the following:
- Carry out study to determine the limit of the coverage areas and expansion of the WWTPs at full utilization of the available lands.
- Undertake the requisite engineering designs for the appropriate treatment process including sewer networks for the upgrade and expansion of the four WWTPs.It should be noted that all designs would be carried out based on acceptable cost effective technical design principles and performance criteria/standards.
- Determine the maximum capacities of the plants that can be accommodated in the existing lands of the four WWTP.
- Determine operational and capital costs for the proposed upgrade and expansion project.
- Determine the financial sustainability of the four WWTPs.
Requirements from Interested Parties
In order to be pre-qualify, the prospective firms or consortia must possess the relevant experience in the development, operation and management of Wastewater Treatment Plant. They are required to submit comprehensive information as follows:
- General overview of the firm's company profile and qualifications including contact person, postal address, telephone and e-mail addresses.
- Company registration including Certificate of Incorporation, certified true copies of Memorandum and Articles of Association and CAC Form CO7 or the equivalent.
- Statement of qualifications including experience of firm and assigned staff with similar projects.
- Project team, including specialist consultants and a list of key personnel and organizational chart, their qualifications and relevant experience.
- Evidence of previous experience in carrying out similar consultancy services in the development and operation of Wastewater Treatment Infrastructure project, including the following details:
- Name of Project, Brief Description and Client,
- Scope of Work,
- Contract Value,
- Contractual Period,
- Nature of Contract (PPP, EPC etc),
- Name(s) and address(es) of clients.
Application closing Date
17:00 hours (Nigerian Time), 11th October, 2021.
Submission of EOI Documents
The EOI submission should include one (1) original copy and five (5) other copies of EOI to be delivered in a sealed envelope and delivered before the deadline at:
The General Manager,
Lagos State Wastewater Management Office,
1. Obasa Road,
Off Oba Akran Avenue,
Ikeja - Lagos State.
Interested firms may obtain further information at the address above during office hours between 09.00 am to 4.00 pm or by electronic mail.
- All emails should be in PDF format.
- It should be noted that this invitation does not constitute a commitment on the part of LASG and/or the LSWMO to award the project to any firm or consortium expressing interest.
- Furthermore the submission of documents shall not entitle any of the interested parties to any claims against LASG and/or LSWMO by virtue of such firm or consortium having responded to the EOI invitation.
- All costs incurred by respondents as a result of this EOI invitation and any subsequent requests for information shall be borne by the respondent only.