The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN WOMEN) invites reputable and interested vendors to indicate interest by submitting RFP documents to tender for the following works:
The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women, also known as UN Women, is a United Nations entity working for the empowerment of women. UN Women became operational in January 2011.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) for Public Service Announcement to Educate and Mobilize Public Support to Prevent Forced Migration and Trafficking Engaging Nollywood Celebrities
The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women, hereinafter referred to as UN Women hereby invites prospective vendors to submit a proposal(s) in accordance with the Request for Proposal (RFP) documents, including General Conditions of Contract (GCC) and the Terms of Reference as set out in this RFP.
Objectives of the Project
Goal: To prevent forced migration and trafficking of women and girls through economic empowerment and resilience building and facilitate the reintegration of women and young women returnees
The project articulates under two outcomes:
- Outcome 1: An enabling gender sensitive policy environment that addresses forced migration and trafficking is in place, whose design and implementation is influenced by women and girl's rights organizations in source migration trafficking sites.
- Outcome 2: Increased gender-sensitive information and awareness-raising in source migration-trafficking sites contribute to the prevention of women's irregular migration and trafficking
The specific proposed activity is part of outcome 2, in particular output 2.2.2 Convene a cross-section of Nollywood gender champions to strategize and agree on key advocacy messages they will champion to educate and mobilize public support to prevent forced migration and trafficking.
The film industry is critical in creating empathy and creatively engaging the public in issues of social justice. To further raise awareness of forced migration and trafficking UN Women will leverage on the influence of the Nollywood film industry and the power of storytelling to deliver key advocacy messages that will that educate and mobilize public support to prevent forced migration and trafficking.
The selected firm/company will produce a public service announcement on anti-trafficking led by prominent Nollywood personalities/y who can be recognized as gender champions and role models or have previous track record experience in delivering key advocacy messages related to gender equlity. The proposed activity will mainstream the flagship Generation Equality Campaign which seeks to reinvigorate an inter-generational movement toward gender equality in line with the ambitious Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action.
In line with this, young women's voices and participation will be integrated in the development, production and presentation of the final PSA with key considerations for the participation of young women living with disabilities and the voices of young survivors of trafficking. This would further ensure sustainability and impact on the young women featured in the development and production of PSA giving them skills in different aspects of film production.
Objectives of the Assignment
The overarching objective of the assignment is to create widespread awareness and mobilize public support to prevent forced migration and trafficking. Specific objectives of the assignment are:
- To create awareness on the plight and scale of forced migration and trafficking in Nigeria.
- Mainstream the flagship Generation Equality Campaign which seeks to reinvigorate an inter-generational movement toward gender equality in line with the ambitious Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action.
- To elicit buy-in and actionable public commitments from influential Nollywood champions on the need to tackle human trafficking
Scope of work
The scope of assignment articulates in three components as follows:
- Under UN Women's work on Prevention of Forced Migration and Trafficking in Women and Girls a production firm/company is required to organize and carry out a Public Service Announcement in collaboration with Nollywood prominent personalities interested in the plague of human trafficking, ideally with previous experience in delivering similar key-advocacy messages. The production company will be responsible for the mobilization Nollywood influential allies to participate in the PSA, for planning and organizing the PSA.
- Produce a 10 min Video documentary of the PSA speaking to the plight and scale of forced migration and trafficking in Nigeria with clear messages advocating for prevention of human trafficking targeting young women
- Advertise the video through digital platforms and dedicated hashtags Dissemination of short video documentary (PSA) on at least four Nigerian film personalities with a following of at least 1 million followers) online platforms including Facebook, Instagram and a Blog as well as in three regional print platforms and 1 national print platform. Online engagement to yield at least 100,000 engagements
- Screening of short video documentary (PSA) at a physical public event. The activity should foresee the engagement and capacity building of a cadre of qualified young women (including young women living with disabilities) in three components of:
- Featuring in the short video-documentary (PSA) i.e. assisting in directing, hair and makeup, writing the script of the PSA, graphics
Application Closing Date
19th October, 2021.
Submission of Documents
Interested offers who wish to express interest should, please Click Here
- Your submission should include the following:
- Proposal Submission Form (Online Form)
- Proposer Information Form (Online Form).
- Eligibility and Qualification Form
- Joint Venture/Consortium/Association Information Form, if applicable (Online Form)
- Technical Proposal (Online Form)
- Financial Proposal (to be uploaded to the Financial Envelope using the format provided) he deadline for submission of proposals set out in the tender notice.