Catholic Relief Services (CRS) invites experienced and reputable freight forwarding companies to indicate interest by submitting EOI documents to tender for the following works:
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. With operations focused on assisting the poor and vulnerable overseas by responding to major emergencies, fighting disease, supporting development programs, and nurturing peaceful and just societies. CRS has reached more than 130 million people in more than 100 countries on five continents.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Expression of Interest for Emergency Freight Services
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) seeks to pre-qualify global freight forwarders with the capability to support emergency response operations. Due to the nature of emergency response, service requirements (i.e. service points, transport mode, cargo type, etc.) are unknown until the actual need for service arises.
Catholic Relief Services (CRS), therefore, invites only experienced and reputable freight forwarding companies with an extensive range of services and geographical coverage to submit proposals for pre-qualification consideration. Pre-qualification criteria will include, among others, the areas of logistics services, customs clearance, freight forwarding, and any other related activities. The pre-qualification criteria will form the basis for a pre-qualified short-list of companies.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in international freight forwarding and transport operations, especially to/within developing countries and within an emergency context
- Previous experience working with humanitarian agencies to support emergency and/or development projects
- Adequate capacity to provide the services
- Global network of strategically located offices/warehouses and/or ability to provide global service coverage (services all major international trade lanes).
- Ability to provide 24-hour turnaround on all requests for quote
- Ability to extend air/ocean charter services with experienced staff to all regions
- Ability to deploy emergency cargo within 48 hours of award notification by CRS
- Ability to coordinate with UNHRD and its partners
- Ability to bundle transport options with other organizations on smaller shipments, when approved by CRS
- Ability to provide transportation insurance
- Ability to provide global freight forwarding services by air, ocean, road, and rail
- Maintains relationships with core carriers in all key global trade lanes
- Ability to handle FCL, LCL, break bulk and over-sized/overweight shipments (incl. consolidation/de-consolidation activities)
- Experience and ability to ship cold-chain commodities and to provide the required equipment
- Cold-chain: Capability to maintain efficacy of the product while in storage and in-transit to the destination
- Ability to manage and ship dangerous goods
- Ability to ship pharma and food products
- Ability to handle RO-RO and LO-LO
- Offers a free-to-user cargo tracking tool software package
- Sound financial standing and conducts business in a manner that averts any financial, operational, reputational, or other undue risk to CRS.
Application Closing Date
22nd October, 2021.
Submission of Documents
For more clarification on this EOI, please Click Here