Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) invites interested individual consultants to indicate interest by tendering RFP documents for the following works:
Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) is an organisation that seeks to transform African agriculture from a subsistence model to strong businesses that improve the livelihoods of the continent’s farming households.
Application are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) - Consultancy for Developing a Baseline Report for AGRA's Center for African Leaders in Agriculture (CALA).
AGRA’s State Capability work across Africa has shown an urgent need to support the leadership in the Agriculture sector to deliver on country transformation initiatives. In response to this need, AGRA has launched the Centre for African Leaders in Agriculture (CALA) to provide hands-on implementation support for African leaders in the agriculture sector.
CALA is a key part of a scale-up of investment to AGRA by the German Development Cooperation through KfW Development Bank. CALA represents a deepening of AGRA’s ongoing support to state capability and is complementary to the technical assistance that AGRA has been providing to transform national and regional agriculture priorities alongside government, public and private sector partners. In addition to KfW’s founding financial support and AGRA’s lead role, the Centre has two implementing partners which include the African Management Institute (AMI) and USAID’s Policy LINK.
Objective of the Assignment
AGRA is seeking to hire an individual consultant to undertake a comprehensive baseline setting of the Centre for African Leaders in Agriculture to inform AGRA and its partners on the baseline status for the stated indicators aligned with the project goal, objectives and outcomes. In addition, the consultant will identify critical strategies necessary for improving the 16-month leadership journey administered as the Advanced Leadership Program.
Qualifications, Competencies and Experience
- A minimum of a master’s degree in Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, statistics or any other related field;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience conducting baseline studies of projects in capacity building/ leadership programs, and government agriculture projects and experience in conducting surveys, analyzing, synthesizing and presenting information/Reports is a MUST.
- The consultant must possess a significant evidence of academic and experiential background in research methodology, evaluation design and implementation. Preferably they should also have academic and experiential background in implementation of government flagships/ priority programs, Business Development or related field.
- A solid and diverse experience in research, monitoring and evaluation of projects and/or Programs at national and/or regional level. Previous knowledge of conducting and documenting lessons learned sessions is essential.
- Preferably have working experience in the East and West Africa.
Mandatory Eligibility Requirements
- Cover Letter.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae with at least 3 referees.
- Copies of Academic certificates.
- Copy of National ID or passport.
Application Closing Date
17:00 hours, 28th October, 2021.
Submission of Documents
Bidders are encouraged to Click Here
register (if not already registered) as a vendor and submit the below mandatory requirements in their proposal:
For more clarifications on this RFP, please Click Here