The Federal Ministry of Water Resources (FMWR) invites interested and qualified consultancy firms to indicate interest by submitting EOI documents to tender for the following works:
Federal Ministry of Water Resources (FMWR) - The Nigerian Ministry of Water Resources is created to provide sustainable access to safe and sufficient water to meet the cultural and socio-economic needs of all Nigerians in a way that will enhance public health, food security and poverty reduction, while maintaining the integrity of fresh water ecosystem of the nation.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Expression of Interest (EOI) for the Selection of Consultancy Services for the Development of the Sub-basin Master Plan
The Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) has received financing from the African Development Bank (the Bank), towards the cost of the integrated Development and Adaptation to Climate Change in the Niger Basin (PIDACC/NB) in Nigeria and intends to apply part of the agreed amount to finance payment under the contract for the "Development of the Sub-basin Master Plan".The PIDACC development objective is to contribute to improving the resilience of the Niger Rivers Eco-system and populations through sustainable management of natural resources.
This request for expression of interest follows the General Procurement Notice for this programme that appeared in African Development Bank Group Internet Website (www.afdb.org
) on 21 May, 2019.
Scope of Services
The services included under this project are:
- To develop a comprehensive and integrated strategic approach to the development of the sub-basin through:
- Climate change adaptation and Control of water: flood mitigation, land drainage.
- Utilization of water: domestic water supply, irrigation, hydro-power, navigation, fishery, recreation.
- Quality management: Water, soil and environment, afforestation
- Watershed management: soil and water conservation, socio-economic development.
- To identify and set priorities for promoting water resources development project within the sub-basins (Investment plan)
- To formulate a short-term action plan consistent with the financial allocations and priorities of Government Action Plan
- To develop a road map of institutional developmental plans.
The sub-basin master plan will cover four (4) River Basin Development Authority catchment areas namely: Upper Benue, Upper Niger, Sokoto-Rima and Anambra-Imo River Basins.
The Federal Ministry of Water Resources (FMWR) through its National Programme Coordinating Unit (NPCU) now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services, Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar water resources/water shed management, environment or sustainable development assignments, experience in similar conditions in Nigeria and/or in subSaharan Africa, availability of appropriate skills among staff,).
Application Closing Date
1st November, 2021.
Submission of Documents
Expression of interest must be addressed and marked "Development of Sub-Basin Master Plan" and delivered to the:
National Programme Coordinator,
Programme for the Integrated Development and Adaptation to Climate Change in Niger Basin (PIDACC/NB),
Federal Ministry of Water Resources,
Bassan Plaza, 1st Floor, Left Wing,
No. 759 Independent Avenue,
Off Herbert Macaulay Way,
Central Business District,
FCT - Abuja.
Tel: +234 705 921 6542
Interested consultancy firms may obtain further information at the address stated above during the hours: 08:00am and 04:00 pm (Local time Monday-Friday).
- Consultants may constitute joint-ventures to enhance their chances of qualification
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
- The estimated duration of the assignment is eleven (11) months and the estimated starting date is 16 June, 2022.