The Lagos State Government / Lagos State Water Regulatory Commission (LSWRC) invites interested and qualified consultants(s) to indicate interest by tendering EOI documents for the following works:
The Lagos State Government in collaboration with the Lagos State Water Regulatory Commission invites applications for:
Title: Request for Expression of Interest (REOI) for the Selection of Consultant to Carry out Development of Waste-Water Management Guidelines for Operators of Waste-Water Infrastructure in Lagos State
The Lagos state Government is desirous to engage the services of a Consultant to carry out the Development of Wastewater Guidelines for Operators of Wastewater Infrastructure and Equipment in the Wastewater Sector of Lagos State.
The objective of the Wastewater Management Guidelines for Operators includes the following:
- Categorize developments in Lagos into different typologies to be able to prescribe adaptable Wastewater fecal sludge system to different parts of the City. Identify and categorize the existing City sanitation system along the sanitation value chain access collection, transportation, disposal treatment and rouse coven both the Wastewater and focal sludge).
- Prescribe standard operating procedure (SOP) for the providers in the sector including licensing, permit and procedure, provide specifications for sitting and develop sanitation infrastructures for both the Wastewater and sludge in the City
- Establish pricing mechanism for different services in the sector including interval and factors for price adjustment metering, billing system, payment procedure and other price related issues
- Create dispute resolution and consumer protection toolboxes that could strengthen the regulatory roles of the Lagos State Water Regulatory Commission.
- Create a sustainable financing mechanism that will be applicable to all stakeholders with a view to attracting and deepening diverse business models in the sector.
Scope of Work
The successful Consultant is expected to develop and fully deliver the guidelines taking into consideration the detailed scope of work as indicated below:
- Best practices guidance for the management of wastewater and seplage liquor Classification of operators in the wastewater sector.
- Best practice guidance for reducing health risk for workers handing sewage, bio solids or recycled water.
- Code of practice for the rouse of grey water.
- Code of Practice for the design, manufacture. Installation and operation of off-site and on-site treatment systems.
- Guidance on applying for approval of installation of a commercial on-site wastewater system
- Guidance for the licensing and operation of sewage dislodging and disposal vehicles.
- Licensing for operations of wastewater infrastructure and safe discharges
- Methods of wastewater conveyance treatment and disposal.
- Wastewater Tariffing mechanism.
- Inspection of wastewater treatment facilities - Monitoring, record keeping, reporting and certification.
- Violation of State wastewater operating code.
- Adoption of State wastewater operating code.
The applicant (Consultant) profile shall include copies of the following documents and provide key information as highlighted below:
- Company registration including certificate of incorporation, certified true copies of memorandum of Articles of Association.
- 3 years Tax clearance certificate (2018, 2019 and 2020).
- Registration of business with Lagos State Public Procurement Agency (LSPPA).
- Registration with relevant professional body.
- Evidence of specific experience in two similar assignments carried out in the past five years. (Letters of award and certificate of job completion).
- The last 3 years audited financial statement and latest management account (2018, 2019 & 2020).
- Project team, including specialist firm consortia and the project organogram.
Application Closing Date
12:00 noon, 1st November, 2021.
Submission of Documents
The selection process shall be conducted on the Lagos state Public Procurement Agency's E-Tendering portal. Expression of interest (EOI) must be submitted online in English language clearly marked "Development of Wastewater management Guidelines for Operators of Wastewater infrastructures in Lagos state".
However, interested consultants who are willing to submit Expression of Interest (EOI) are required to log on the E-portal of the Public Procurement Agency (PPA) www.lagosppa.gov.ng
to upload all the necessary pre-qualification conditions
- It should be noted that this EOI does not constitute a commitment on the part of the state and/or the Lagos State Water Regulatory Commission by virtue of such party having responded to the EOI
- All cost incurred by respondents as a result of this EOI and any subsequent requests for information shall be for the respondents account only
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours 8am - 5pm:
The Procurement Unit,
Lagos State Water Regulatory Commission,
Block 19 Alausa Secretariat,
Ikeja - Lagos State.