Oxfam International invites reputable consultancy firm(s) to tender RFP documents for the following works:
Oxfam is a British founded confederation of 20 independent charitable organizations focusing on the alleviation of global poverty, founded in 1942 and led by Oxfam International. It is a major nonprofit group with an extensive collection of operations.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal for consultancy Services for the Assessment of Women Empowerment and Gender Parity Among Rural Households in PROSELL Communities of Taraba State, Northern Nigeria
Oxfam, in partnership with Development Exchange Centre (DEC), is implementing a 54-month Project funded by the European Union and Taraba State of northern Nigeria. The Project is titled “European Union Support to Food Security and Resilience in Taraba State(PROSELL)”. The project intends to empower women and youths by enhancing their abilities for transformative leadership, access required services, produce optimally, and earn more income from economic activities. It is being implemented in 80 rural communities across six (6) Local Government Areas of Taraba State. The Local Government Areas of implementation are;Ardo-Kola, Donga, Kurmi, Takum, Wukari and Zing.
In the past three years, PROSELL has supported resilience strengthening of; a targeted 40,000 farming households in their agricultural productivity, rural financial inclusion, market access, and job creation along crops, fish and livestock value chains. Interventions are being delivered to enhance adaptive capacities of small-scale farmers to climate change and promote cooperation and mutual benefits for farmers, livestock owners, and all value chain actors in the targeted six (6) Local Government Areas (LGAs) in Taraba State. As a development project, interventions have been targeted at addressing the root causes of inequalities (gender, income, social etc) and systemic inefficiencies in economic empowerment among others.The following are the specific objectives and intended outcomes of the project:
- To increase income of small scale farmers by enhancing their agricultural productivity, market access, and job creation along crop, fish and livestock value chains
- To enhance adaptive capacities and resilience of small-scale farming households to climate change.
- To promote cooperation and mutual benefits of farmers, livestock owners, and all value chain actors.
Scope of Work
The purpose of this consultancy is to acquire the services of a seasoned professional (individual or firm) towards establishing the relevance of PROSELL’s intervention components at empowering rural women and in promoting gender parity. The following objectives are of interest:
- Analyse the outcomes of PROSELL's interventions on Women Empowerment Agency and Gender Parity in Taraba State.
- Determine the inhibiting and enabling predictors of women economic empowerment and gender parity in Taraba State.
- Assess the level of social and behavioral changes that have taken place at households and community levels in relation to women empowerment and gender parity;
- Determine key social and behavioural changes that have taken place across rural communities where the project is being implemented; and
- Obtain recommendations in all areas identified above, founded on evidences, for future program designs and knowledge management.
The following deliverable's are expected from the Consultant:
- Inception report.
- First draft of assessment report.
- Detailed reports for each of the activity outlined in the scope of work. Reports are expected to be structured as follows: Executive Summary, Introduction, Objectives, Methodology, Outcomes/Findings, Recommendations, Challenges, Follow-Up actions, Conclusion.
- Register of all KII respondents interviewed and representatives of FGD participants.
- PowerPoint presentation summarizing key findings of the assessment, methodologies, and recommendations.
- Report validation meeting.
- Photo album of field works and key moments captured during field activities.
- All the data collected on the course of the consultancy.
Qualification and Experience of Consultant
- An advanced degree in Development Studies, Sociology/Rural Sociology, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Extension and Rural Development, Sustainable and Inclusive Development or other related fields.
- Cognate and requisite experience in gender justice programming approaches such as RCA, GALS, GEMS, WEAI etc.
- Demonstrated capacity in integrating gender equity and diversity concerns in programming, advocacy, monitoring and evaluation.
- Extensive experience in livelihood programmes and projects, preferably in northern Nigeria.
- Significant experience working with the Federal, State and Local & Government Areas in Nigeria including in conflict areas.
- Sound knowledge of rural enterprise, rural financing, women economic empowerment, family farming, agricultural markets and agricultural private sector actors.
- Sound knowledge of policy issues related to social protection, disaster risk reduction, inclusive markets, and climate change.
- Excellent research, writing, and analytical skills.
Application Closing Date
5:00pm, 2nd November,2021.
Submission of Documents
All completed proposals (technical) and (financial) should be submitted to: NGA.Bid@oxfam.org
All questions would be received in writing and sent to: email@example.com
on or before 21st October 2021. Responses would be uploaded on OXFAM website by 25th October 2021.
For more clarification on this RFP, please Click Here