The International Labour Organization (ILO) invites reputable and experienced service providers to tender RFP documents for the following works:
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is a United Nations agency whose mandate is to advance social and economic justice through setting international labour standards. Founded in October 1919 under the League of Nations, it is the first and oldest specialised agency of the UN.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) for the Recruitment of a Digital Learning Provider to Support the Livelihoods of Smallholder Cocoa Farmers and Gold Miners as part of the Fight Against Child Labor in Ondo and Niger State
The International Labor Organization is implementing a project- “Accelerating action for the elimination of child labour in supply chains in Africa” (ACCEL Africa), funded by the Government of the Netherlands. The goal is to support on-going efforts by ILO and partners to eliminate child labour in Global Supply Chains in Africa. The ACCEL Africa project in Nigeria seeks to collaborate with civil society organizations as well as financial and non-financial service providers based in Niger and Ondo States for the execution of some of the project activities in cocoa and gold mining supply chains.
Qualification and Experience Required
- Be a company specializing in digital communication, mobile technologies and behavior change; operational in Nigeria
- Have a full-featured, interactive, targeted, and measurable mobile engagement platform to provide digital learning to target beneficiaries using Interactive Voice Response (IVR) and SMS
- Toll-free hotlines that beneficiaries can call to access information or report observations at the appropriate time
- Scheduled IVR or SMS messages to inform and remind beneficiaries of valuable information
- Willingness and demonstrated experience of a framework for collaboration with implementing partners and international organizations to provide agronomy best practices training
- Able to provide the approved mobile curriculum about agri-business and agronomy, as well as baseline, midline and end-line surveys
- Hotlines with call center integration that allow implementing partners to engage in ongoing, live conversations with beneficiaries requesting information or assistance.
- Be available to perform the intervention at the period indicated by the Project.
Technical and Financial Support for the Project
Firms should submit a technical and financial proposal that addresses the issues outlined above. Whilst there is no minimum page limit for the proposal, the maximum page limit is 25 pages for the technical proposal, which is expected to be clear and concise.
Technical support for the project can be linked to:
- Content design.
- Translations and recording.
- Onboarding training and support.
- Hosting of content on the platform and accessibility to beneficiaries.
- Reporting systems.
- Interoperability and potential for data sharing.
The financial proposal should provide detailed costing. Eligible expenses may be in a nonexhaustive manner: development of digital content, translations, platform subscription.
Main selection criteria
Firms are welcome to partner. They are also welcome to sub-contract specific activities to other local or international firms if and where deemed necessary.
All proposals will be evaluated based on the criteria listed in the table below:
|Demonstrated experience using the digital learning platform - with national coverage and operational interoperability, to support similar projects in Nigeria
|Experience with serving rural population and agricultural practice messaging
|Competence of proposed staff
|Experience in digital communication, distance learning, data collection
|Budget - good value for money with comprehensive breakdown and justification
Application Closing Date
6:00pm, 24th October, 2021.
Submission of Documents
For more clarifications on this RFP, please Click Here