The Enugu Electricity Distribution PLC (EEDC) invites potential and experienced NERC approved Meter Manufacturers to indicate interest by submitting EOI documents to tender for the following works:
The Enugu Electricity Distribution PLC (EEDC) is located in Enugu, Nigeria and is part of the Electric Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution Industry.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Expression of Interest (EOI) for the Supply of Meters (MAP/NMMP)
Enugu Electricity Distribution PLC (EEDC) is looking for potential and experienced NERC approved Meter Manufacturers that will participate under the framework of Meter Asset Provider, National Mass Metering Policy, Local Meter Manufacturers and Meter Assemblers, and Vendor Financing as approved by Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC).
Detailed Request for proposals will be issued to bidders that have been pre-qualified through this EOl process. Consequently, reputable firms interested in rendering such specialist services to the Company, are requested to send in their Expression of Interest (EOl) for that purpose.
N/B: Meter Manufacturers and MAPs already registered with EEDC do not have to participate at this phase.
Scope of Work
- Provision of 150,000 pieces Three Phase Smart Meters.
- Provision of 600,000 pieces Single Phase Smart Meters.
- Provision of 4,000 pieces of Post Paid Smart LVMD (DSS) Meters.
- Provision of 2524 pieces of Prepaid Smart LVMD Meters.
- Provision of 93 pieces of Smart 11kv HVMD Meters.
- Provision of 139 pieces of Smart 33kv HVMD Meters.
- Provision of 20 pieces of 33kv Class 0.2 Smart Feeder Meters.
- Provision of 20 pieces of 11kv Class 0.5 Smart Feeder Meters.
Note: All metes must have complete accessories such as CT5, PTs, Meter Boxes, Metering Cubicles, MCBs etc., all of which must be NEMSA certified.
Furthermore, due to time constraint, preference will be given to vendors who have meters that already meet with EEDC specification and have not less than 40% of the required stock available.
Interested firms are required to submit all documents prepared in English Language with the following requirements which shall be used as criteria for preliminary selection (Without which companies will be disqualified):
- Evidence of registration with Corporate Affairs Commission.
- Certified true copies of Memorandum and Article of Association.
- Evidence of payment of tax for the last three (3) years as at when due (such evidence should reflect the value of the projects undertaken by the Company in the last three (3) years).
- Certificate of Compliance issued by the National Pension Commission as evidence of fulfilling employer's obligation to employees with respect to pensions
- Evidence of payment of training contributions to ITF (Industrial Training Fund).
- Evidence of registration with Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission as a Meter Asset Provider (Certificate of No-Objection).
- Evidence of registration with National Electricity Management Services Agency
- Audited Accounts for the last three years (2018, 2019, 2020).
- Company profile showing nature of business, plants and equipment, personnel, product profiles, Project Management System, Health and Safety Policy
- Evidence of metering projects executed in the last 3 years, within Nigeria (2018, 2019, 2020).
- Reference letter from not less than three clients.
Application Closing Date
4.00pm Friday, 5th November, 2021.
Submission of Document
Applications for EOI accompanied by the relevant documents should also be forwarded in sealed envelope marked at the top left corner and boldly written “EOI in respect of supply of Meters” and addressed to:
The Head Procurement department,
Enugu Electricity Distribution PLC,
62 Okpara Avenue, Enugu,
- Only shortlisted firms will be contacted
- Due to the Covid 19 Pandemic, we shall accept electronic copies of your documents. However copies should be neatly scanned as one document to allow for easy download.
- The company reserves the right to reject any or all the responses to this request for EOl.