The National Agency for the Control of Aids (NACA) invites competent and experienced consultant(s) to indicate interest by tendering RFP documents for the following works:
The National Agency for the Control of Aids (NACA) is an organisation charged with the responsibility of facilitating the development and management of the policies and strategies of all sectors to ensure the human, financial and organizational resources to support the successful execution of the national HIV/AIDS response programme in Nigeria.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal for the Engagement of Consultant as Nasararwa State Advisor
The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) invites proposals for consulting services for the following assignment: Nasarawa State Advisor. The purpose of this assignment is as follows:
- The consultant will provide technical support to the Operations research implementation with specific deliverable's.
- The report of this study shall provide practical strategies to ensure effective and efficient implementation of HIV prevention programs for all populations in Nigeria.
- The findings will be used at all levels - national, state and community by key stakeholders, policymakers and HIV program implementer's.
- The findings will align with the goal of the Global Prevention Coalition of ending the AIDS epidemic by 2030, other national policy documents and contain global best practices on HIV/AIDS programming.
Goal and Objectives
- To conduct a capacity and needs assessment that will inform the implementation of state-led activities aligned with the core areas of the RSSH grant (2021-2023).
- To develop an implementation plan, M&E plan for interventions and activities to be implemented under the RSSH 2021-2023 grant.
- To develop concept notes on activities to be implemented under the RSSH 2021-2023 grant.
Scope of Work
The State Engagement Advisor will support the Programme Coordination Unit (PCU) for timely implementation of activities as detailed below.
- Lead the conduct of a capacity and needs assessment of the health system with a focus on the RSSH core areas (PSM, HMIS, LabS, CSS, ISD/QI) and produce a detailed report of findings
- Lead the state implementation planning and work-plan development workshop and support key stakeholders to use the findings from the needs assessment to identify priority needs and design targeted interventions to respond to them.
- Provide technical assistance in the development of a comprehensive implementation plan, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) framework and budget, within the ceiling allocated to each state, for the period of the RSSH grant
- Provide hands-on technical support to the Project Coordinating Unit (PCU) supporting the state engagement component, ensuring highest level of project management skills are applied to achieve timely results
- Support the PCU to develop concept notes in relation to interventions and activities • Support strengthening of PCU and relevant stakeholders in the states
- Document the status and achievements and feedback to relevant state authorities and the PR
- Participate in any other activities related to the above functions
Required Qualification / Experience
- MBBS or Master’s degree in Public Health, medical sciences or social sciences or other related fields.
- At least 10 years of experience working in the state health system
- Experience working on international donor-funded programs (Global Fund preferred) is added advantage.
- Experience designing and implementing health systems strengthening interventions
- Experience with HIV, TB & Malaria programs
- Leadership experience in management of public health programmes and relationship with state government and civil society networks at leadership strategic level.
- Strong leadership competencies in both the mobilization of teams on one hand; the design, development and mainstreaming of new processes or procedures, on the other hand.
- Experience at organizing and facilitating systems strengthening, capacity development and mentoring processes
- Ability to lead and guide strategy development with the State Ministry of Health (SMOH) and Civil Society networks, manage technical implementation of proposed project initiatives, as well as ability to supervise, mentor and coach project and government staff.
- Strong analytical and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills in English.
- Strong skills in using word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software (Microsoft Office applications preferred).
- Experience using web-based applications (email, browsing, and literature retrieval).
Application Closing Date
12:00 noon Friday, 22nd October, 2021.
Submission of Documents
The detailed Proposal must be in English Language and submitted in three (3) hard copies each (one original & two copies) of the requested documents and proposal. The documents shall then be enclosed and sealed in one (1) single outer envelope, and clearly marked at the topmost right corner “State Engagement Advisor” and the Name, Address, Email and Phone Number of the Consultant boldly written at the back of the envelope, with acknowledgement to NACA office at:
National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA),
Ground Floor Room 1.08,
No. 3 Zinguinchor Street,
Beside AEDC Office,
Wuse Zone 4,
F.C.T - Abuja.
Tel: +234-9-4613726-9 Fax: +234 94613700
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- NACA shall verify any or all documents and claims made by applicants and will disqualify consultants with falsified documents and claims.
- If it is determined that submitted documents and claims have been falsified, the consultant may face prosecution in a court of Law.
- NACA shall not be held responsible for any disqualified proposal as a result of any omission or deletion relating to the submission guidelines.
- This advertisement shall not be construe a contract to any Consultant, nor shall it entitle any Consultant submitting documents to claim any indemnity from NACA.
- NACA is not bound to shortlist any Consultant, and reserves the right to annul the bidding process at any time without incurring any liabilities or providing reason.
For more clarifications on this RFP, please Click Here