Mercy Corps Nigeria invites interested satellite phone and BGANs suppliers/vendors to indicate interest by submitting RFP documents to tender for the following works:
Mercy Corps is a global team of humanitarians working together on the front lines of crisis, disaster, poverty, and climate change to create a world where everyone can prosper. Beyond delivering aid to meet urgent needs, we develop long-term solutions to make lasting change possible.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal for Supply of Satellite Phones Under Global Master Agreement
Mercy Corps procures satellite phones from time to time to be used for normal programming work and to facilitate communication during emergency situation. This tender is therefore a strategic measure to contract satellite phone and BGANs suppliers to be engaged by Mercy Corps globally on a need basis. The successful firm(s) will be contracted on a Global Master Purchase Agreement (MPA) and engaged by any Mercy Corps Country offices in need of these satellite phones and associated supplies.
The contract will initially be for two years (24 months) with a possibility of extension for a similar period and vendors will be required to maintain their Ex Works prices in the contract for the contract period.
Scope of Work
- Iridium Extreme or equivalent
- Iridium push to talk PTT or equivalent
- Thuraya XT pro or equivalent
- Thuraya XT pro dual or equivalent
- Thuraya explorer 510 and 710
- Explorer 510 or equivalent
- Explorer 710 or equivalent
- Hughes 9202 or equivalent
- Hughes 9211 or equivalent
- Hughes 9502 or equivalent
- MCD 4800 or equivalent
- Ranger M2N (wideye) or equivalent
- Any other latest technology
Suppliers may not apply, and will be rejected as ineligible, if they:
- Are not registered companies
- Are bankrupt or in the process of going bankrupt.
- Have been convicted of illegal/corrupt activities, and/or unprofessional conduct
- Have been guilty of grave professional misconduct.
- Have not fulfilled obligations related to payment of social security and taxes.
- Are guilty of serious misinterpretation in supplying information.
- Are in violation of the policies outlined in Mercy Corps Anti Bribery or Anti-Corruption Statement.
- Are on any list of sanctioned parties issued by the United States Government.
Documents listed in eligibility criteria must be submitted with offers. Applicants who do not submit these documents will be disqualified from any further technical or financial evaluation.
- Legal Business Registration / Certificate of incorporation
- Evidence of complying with tax obligation as required by law of the country where registered/incorporated
- Authorized distributor/ reseller issued by the manufacturer. Attach evidence
Documents and required information listed in tender submittals are necessary in order to conduct technical evaluations of received offers. While absence of these documents and/or information does not denote mandatory disqualification of suppliers, the lack of these items has the potential to severely and negatively impact the technical evaluation of an offer:
- Company Profile- A brief outline of your organization and services offered, including:
- Full legal name, jurisdiction of organization or incorporation and address of the company
- Name, address, telephone number and email address for principal contact.
- Year business was established
- Company Head quarter and details on global presence plus organization structure.
- Detailed product specifications including catalogues and brochures where applicable in response to Mercy Corps’ specifications.
- After sale service description- Customer portal and pictorial presentation (Screen shots of account management portal) Warranties, customer support and customer support and account administration
- Specific NGO experience - Provide list and evidence of supplying and providing satellite phones services to other organization specifically in the NGO sector. Include contact details in the references.
- Financial proposal - Ex works price for the phones, Sim card price, Airtime prices, other fees ; activation's, subscription etc
Application Closing Date
5:00pm (Pacific Time), 2nd November, 2021.
Submission of Documents
- All offers shall be made in accordance with these instructions, and all documents requested should be furnished, including any required (but not limited to) supplier-specific information, technical specifications, drawings, bill of quantities, and/or delivery schedule. If any requested document is not furnished a reason should be given for its omission in the exception sheet.
- No respondent should add, omit or change any item, term or condition herein.
- If suppliers have any additional requests and conditions, these shall be stipulated in the exception sheet.
- Each applicant may make one response only.
- Each application shall be valid for the period of 180 days from its date of submission.
- All offers should indicate whether they include taxes, compulsory payments, levies and/or duties, including VAT, if applicable.
- Suppliers should ensure that financial offers are devoid of calculation errors. If errors are identified during the evaluation process, the unit price will prevail. If there is ambiguity on the unit price, the Selection Committee may decide to disqualify the bid.
- Any requests for clarifications regarding the project that are not addressed in written documents must be presented to Mercy Corps in writing. The answer to any question raised in writing by any applicant will be issued to that applicant by the format stated in this tender package. In some cases Mercy Corps may choose to issue clarifications to all applicants. It is a condition of this tender that no clarification shall be deemed to supersede, contradict, add to or detract from the conditions hereof, unless made in writing as an Addendum to Tender and signed by Mercy Corps or its designated representative.
- This Tender does not obligate Mercy Corps to execute a contract nor does it commit Mercy Corps to pay any costs incurred in the preparation and submission of bids. Furthermore, Mercy Corps reserves the right to reject any and all bids, if such action is considered to be in the best interest of Mercy Corps.
For more clarifications on this RFP, please Click Here